1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Random Hero Box Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaudy2010

gaudy2010 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Deadpool, He has God Mode so he gets two chances to battle before having to respawn (excellent for bosses), 404 Error Ultimate freezing all enemies on screen, he causes bleed so his DOT is off the charts, is a great solo act and when he gets in a pickle he has a personal teleport to get you out of trouble. Did I mention health regeneration?

He has great range and Melee, all around Deadpool is my favorite character to play as, was my first to 60 and will be the first I prestige.

And did I mention he interacts with all the other characters in his great 4th wall banter, that leaves you laughing and wanting to hear more.

Can't wait to have BOB for a Team up for him.

2. mikey379379

mikey379379 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Scarlet Witch

I figure this thread is asking for my favorite character in terms of the game and not the comics, but fortunately for me those are one in the same. I'm a big fan of Scarlet Witch in the comics--I find her powerset and character arc (especially since House of M) incredibly interesting. In terms of Marvel Heroes, I've found that Wanda's powers are quite impressive. I've always played caster-types in games like this, and her ability to nuke screens is quite fun. I'm a big fan of her Ultimate move, which I almost wish would be called "no more mobs" as a little tribute to the lore. Because I've liked SW so much, I'm sort of hoping to get Dr. Strange from a Random Box soon, as his magic also seems pretty cool. Hopefully I'll have some luck in that regard.

3. Darklight917

Darklight917 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I've recently just started playing Marvel Heroes 2015 about a week ago (I know, good time to start right?) and I started with the Human Torch, however I then recieved Emma Frost from a random hero box and left Johnny cooking in his boots at level 40 and immediatly switched.

Emma was one of my favorite characters from the recent Wolverine and the X-men series and once I read her power descriptions about controlling enemies I knew I had to play her and was not dissapointed in the least. I fell in love with her very good voice acting that is very true to the character that I know as well as the look and feel of her powers.
    She has 3 talent trees in the game like every character released so far including a Telepath tree, a Mental Domination(dance noobs!) and a Diamond form tree that turns her into a melee tank providing a greatly different playstyle than the other two which means I dont have to switch characters to get that which is great :)

Now I'd really like to try Jean Grey to see how they compare Pheonix Force style :D

I have her up to level 48 now and plan on getting her to level 60 this week and then the Cosmics will be in trouble!

4. Blitzzilla

Blitzzilla Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Marvel heroes is a great free to play game. My favorite hero up til now is Spider-man. His acrobatic skills are a great display of his abilities found in the comics. He offers smooth gameplay and an all around fun factor. You can build him any way you want and he will always feel awesome. Deadpool is having a battle with spidey in my head for the place of Fav. hero. Maybe its the crazy rubbing off on me. The only thing missing right now is DPs review. With a nice signature move available the tides may change. Overall, I've had great amusement from Marvel heroes. You need to get a spidey in your roster.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  5. Carilder

Carilder Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have currently been playing Marvel Heroes off and on since last year when I first saw it on Steam. Even though I have played for a while I have less than 5 heroes still. Out of the few heroes that I own I would say that Gambit is probably my favorite so far. A really versatile hero that can be melee, ranged, or a hybrid of the two. Daredevil was my starter though and he is really enjoyable too, just not as many fun builds for me to play around with. I really want to play a new hero that is different than what I am used to.

Thanks,
    Carilder

6. WRice

WRice Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Spider-Man, comic-book character who was the original everyman superhero. In Spider-Man’s first story, in Marvel Comics’ Amazing Fantasy, no. 15 (1962), American teenager Peter Parker, a poor sickly orphan, is bitten by a radioactive spider. As a result of the bite, he gains superhuman strength, speed, and agility along with the ability to cling to walls. Writer Stan Lee and illustrator Steve Ditko created Spider-Man as a filler story for a canceled anthology series. At the time, a teenage lead hero was unheard of in comic books. However, young readers responded powerfully to Peter Parker, prompting an ongoing title and, ultimately, a media empire, including video games, several animated and one live-action television series, a live-action film franchise, and a Broadway musical.

Spider-Man was a radical departure from the established conventions of the comic-book superhero: he was a teenage character who was not relegated to sidekick status beside an older, more-experienced hero. In addition to enhanced speed and strength, Parker also possessed a precognitive “spider sense” that alerted him to approaching dangers. Using his inborn scientific talents, Parker synthesized a unique adhesive “web fluid” and built a pair of wrist-mounted web-shooters that enabled him to shape the webbing into various useful forms. He also designed and sewed the web-festooned red-and-blue costume that quickly became Spider-Man’s most visible trademark.

However, Marvel publisher Martin Goodman was not initially receptive to the idea of a teen hero taking centre stage, nor did he want to accept Spider-Man’s neuroses, romantic deficiencies, and chronic concerns about money. Goodman also thought that the audience would be repelled by the character’s spider motif. Fortunately, Lee’s instincts prevailed. Spider-Man’s debut in Amazing Fantasy was an immediate and resounding success.

From the beginning, Spider-Man’s behaviour deviated significantly from the prevailing superheroic norms. Instead of selflessly dedicating his superhuman gifts to crime fighting or the general betterment of humankind, the newly empowered Spider-Man cashes in on his talents by becoming a television celebrity. After his first performance before the cameras, he refuses to stop a robber from stealing the television station’s studio box-office receipts. Spider-Man’s world abruptly collapses a few days later when a burglar murders his uncle, Ben Parker, leaving Peter’s Aunt May—now his only surviving guardian—a widow. The grief-stricken Spider-Man tracks down Uncle Ben’s killer, only to make the horrible discovery that the murderer is the very same robber he had allowed to escape from the television studio. Spider-Man’s origin story closes with a sombre narration that permanently sets the series’ moral tone:

And a lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, with great power there must also come—great responsibility!

EDIT: Sorry for the copy paste. I wrote a review of 10 lines myself. Thought it was poor and added this review with the link. But I wasn't able to post it because I can't post links yet, so that flushes my review since I didn't save it -__-

7. Serpentterror

Serpentterror Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Loki being added to the game was a really nice touch for those of us that don't really subscribe to the whole "Save us <insert hero name here>" and knight and shining armor routine. Morally grey characters are needed in the whole clash of good vs. evil as they bridge the gap and usually have unpredictable results. Loki's kit in game really displays what the God of Mischief is all about, the illusion build is extra fun and almost viable, though from what I have read most people lean towards his Frost Giant ancestry tree which looks fun as well. Loki is the most fun I have had in the game overall, his quips and insults to everyone the entire time you play as him spices up the dialogue, his ultimate is very powerful feeling and visually rewarding, and any teleporting character is tons of fun for getting through crowded levels. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a new character to play. Hopefully this giveaway goes better than the last you guys got blasted by a community that wants nothing but handouts and many forget how giveaways used to work. Thanks for trying to help the community, and remember kids Loki is fun!

8. refractoryjin

refractoryjin Ogre Newling

Credit:
    hi, my favourite charrecter is wolverine . Actually this hero was my main reason to play this game. ( because I love him in comics very much :) ) And I really really enjoy playing wolverine in marvel heroes. He is really durable and feels the regeneration power of wolverine in comics. Also slice and dice all the time :)

ps: I wanna add that his survivability skills are my favourite skills in the game. I dont think he is the strongest or an op hero but he is definitely most fun hero in the game for me.

9. Skythor

Skythor Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite hero so far from the ones that I have played is Ghost Rider.

He is extremely tanky and even though he doesn't do that great damage anymore and has some spirit issues, i like him so much as a character that doesn't matter, I love the whole thing that the spirit only wants to defend the innocent and if they aren't innocent, the spirit not help them.

Plus you get to set everything on fire, I mean comon who doesn't love riding round Midtown on a motorbike setting everything behind you on fire!

If its just down to favorite play style then that would have to go to Black Panther as I love characters with stealth mechanics and do a absolute ton of damage in melee!

10. elbuenosemurio

elbuenosemurio Ogre Newling

Credit:
    IRON MAN IS THE BEST BUT I feels like he is on the cusp of being a great character but needs a few fairly minor changes to bring him up to par with the power creep. I like his uniques in general, they're quite flavourful and all do a job, however a new slot 2 for a more dps centric build would be appreciated so how about this?

Resilent Repulsor Rig +120-200 spirit +2-3000 health grants A.R.E at rank 30 +2 to all skills perhaps some additional damage rating? Spirit because it's an arc reactor, health because it keeps him alive, A.R.E because it's an arc reactor and all skills because it's a unique. The additional DR would be nice, but I'm unsure about the balancing with the potential rank 50 ARE.

I feel that Jericho bombardments animation should be removed, after all the 'base' costume is extremis in which he is basically the worlds most powerful technopath, why should he have to manually tell missiles to fire?

11. Noway

Noway Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite (anti)hero is TaskMaster - whats your's is mine and what's mine is better.

Sadly he doesn't get a lot of love in the comic's but in marvel heroes, encountering him as a boss was one of the funniest moment's, a video promo of open invitation to fight club, playing as him is even better he has a kick ass ego of snobbery to his fellow friends and rival's and the move's to back it up a long with his own posse of "students" and a video camera to capture the moment, hopefully in the future Gazillion upgrade this into a GoPro to add to his already awesome one man army arsenal.

12. Bohemianxbelle

Bohemianxbelle Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I really love the Scarlet Bi... Witch! She just warps reality to whatever she wants! Weilding chaos bolts and teleporting around is great. SW does a heck of a lot of damage as well as bring tons of CC to fights and if she dies <<<<<< SW just rewinds reality. Coolest witch in the game by far!!

13. Mosskiller

Mosskiller Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Hulk

I like Hulk in both the game and comics because I relate the most to him. I love that the Hulk could be a very destructive villain, but the instinctive desire is to help and protect others. Definitely a unique hero with a great back story of Dr. Bruce Banner.

As far as in the game, I like to use the Hulk because he is my personal favorite hero and because he has a very fun playstyle compared to the other heroes I have unlocked.

14. primus889

primus889 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    So far my favorite character is Squirrel Girl.

I have been playing her as a summoner and it is very fun. It's easy to live and her damage is great as well. She has quite a lot of versatility.

My favorite part about playing this character is the voice acting. Her lines and chipper attitude keep me entertained the entire time I'm playing. She teaches me about all the different kinds of nuts and has hilarious banter with all of the other heroes.

15. upgradead

upgradead Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The Man Without Fear!

Brief background: I started playing MH about 2 months ago, I read forums and build guides but consider myself a casual since I don't have the time to go hardcore on this game.

I started with Black Panther and liked him and decided to purchase Storm in a BOGO sale. My bonus hero was Daredevil and I thought "bah, a $5 hero - what a chump". How wrong I was.

When I first started with him I was lukewarm on his point combo system. He didn't seem to have the wow factor of so many others, I mean he's a ninja with nunchucks.

I have DD at lvl 33 or so (my highest) and I have been loving him. His moves flow so well and my build is pretty effective at mob groups and single bosses. His signature move is a great crowd clearer and his single target finisher can put on some serious damage. His multi target finisher is great at thinning out crowds also.

Probably my favorite aspect of DD is fighting the heavyweight bosses like Rhino and Juggs. Everyone knows these guys have a dash move that can 1-shot kill you if you're in their way. I love beating on a huge boss with the 'chucks, rolling away just before he charges, and landing my finisher on him as he's stumbling from hitting a wall. So cool!

If you haven't tried DD yet and want an agile damage dealer that can deal with mobs and bosses, you need to give him a shot!

16. vampkawog

vampkawog Ogre Newling

Credit:
    my favourite character would have to be nightcrawler he is awesome he's got blue skin and an awesome tale. He also has amazing acrobat skills and has 2 swords on his back and too top it all off he can teleport which is what i use in the game cause there awesome. He is very strong he does loads of damage but he can also be killed very quick so you have to keep moving on him and i love that idea.

17. Thiniad

Thiniad Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I've started playing again few days ago after some hiatus. My first hero i play is Black Panther. I like stealth characters and he looks cool. Game really improved since i last played, and i really like his new signature move Wrath of Bast, its pretty cool, wish i could spam it nonstop XD. Since i only have like 1 week gametime of MH i have yet to try other heroes and see what they can do. :) (love them aoe heroes ^^)

Wish i could write more about panther but i have yet to level him to 60 and fully enjoy it :D

18. smartkid33

smartkid33 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Emma Frost

I Really Really Adore Emma Frost She Is The Best One In Marvel In my opinion i really like the way she do things with her mind with out moving and the 2nd best thing is the diamond body i am she can't die with that body i think i mean she attack with her mind and switch to melee and invincible ? omg , and my best quotes of emma frost is ,"And, yes, I am a massive snob, and there was no need for you all to think it at once" and "The Danger Room is Angry" And Ty and i really hope to get the code i only new in the game and i dont have much :/ ty :)

19. dickalatorre

dickalatorre Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character right now is deadpool, his crazyness speaks to me (quite literally.
    I like the way that he breaks the 4th wall in everything he does and recently in "Deadpool vs Carnage" he actually said that his crazy has a method and goes on to explain that if you listen to the random words that stick out you get messages that actually led him to carnage!

In game his characters (Female male and headpool) have the best voice acting aside from spiderman but the gameplay is pretty basic... In game I like to play with a verity of characters. That is the beauty of Marvel Heroes 2015, it has so much to offer who can decide what they like the most?!?!

I am a little unclear what I am supposed to be doing... do I write my review in THIS thread or in the marvel heroes review thread... because I did that. I wrote something before and did not get the code... Somewhere in the game someone said you guys would be picking the best ones but I didn't see that anywhere in the directions... Anyway here is my review I wrote in the review section

I started playing in beta and I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the format, given time though I was able to get use to it. I Just recently started playing again and I am very impressed at how far they have come, I think the thing that I like the most is the vast array of outfits for each character.
    These are not like DCUO mind you, where you can mix and match but each costume that you equip gives you one of many famous looks for that character.

Among these normal costumes though are advanced costumes that I find really cool! enhanced costumes usually have different voice actor doing different versions of that character (i.e. Superior spiderman where he talks like doc-oc, Hawkeye kate bishop and the female deadpool).

The game play is pretty much a click to move mechanic that I am not to thrilled about but honestly that is where my disappointment ends.
    The content, character selection, voice acting are top notch and that is without mentioning the amazing Dev team that continuously pop out loot codes, events and free giveaways.

For a true comic fan this game surpasses DCUO with comic content but TBH they are two totally different (awesome ) games.
    Here is to another great year and many more!

20. hstpctech

hstpctech Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Daredevil has better chance countering elite and bosses.

Built in skill power that deals extra damages to bosses, and stringing together combo moves to deal out maximum damages, are perfect to take out single target.

With the combo skill power, it needs more strategy rather than a mindless mashing of buttons.

Range attack is also quite powerful with the baton throw, good for taking down mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.