1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Game Suggestions - Post Here Before Making New Games

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by ogreman, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarmaguy

Sarmaguy Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Can I make forum game "Wordy" i didn't saw game like that on forum.
    Rules are simply someone must start with one word and second perosn must write new word that starts with 2 last character of last word. When I explain it complicated xD
    Here's how it need to be:
    Water
    Er
    uption
    On
    line
    Ne
    twork
    And when you cant find word on that letter game is over and you starts with new word

2. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    What do you think about this
    "favorite song of the day" everyone has to post the song they listen to the most that day (can't post same song more than one a week) and you have to roll a dice, whatever you roll is the rating for the song above, and I could donate 50 points a day to the winner (you can't roll for yourself, you roll for the guy who commented before you)

3. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Hello~ Are we still up for forum game suggestions? Can i have a permission to post a forum game?

Game: AQ3D Related
    A never ending story game where the main characters fate gets played by various persons that will post.

The story will only be restricted to Artix Entertainment Universe.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    We're always taking new forum game suggestions, and indeed it's still required before making a new forum game. I don't always remember to respond to the thread though.

Anyway, AQ3D Related by Cookies & Smoothies is rejected because a game just like that already exists in the AQ3D forum.

Favorite Song of The Day by NeSsQQuiCk rejected because there's already a song of the day thread in Breakfast and the dice integration is more gimmick than fun. If there's interest I guess we could convert it to that and move it here though.

Sarmaguy's Wordy rejected because it's just a slight variation on The Letter Lead, and would lead to more hard to follow word patters than just one letter does. It's also not game-related.

Guts's quote game isn't a bad idea, it's just the type of game that's hard to pull off in practice so I never followed up with a response. Might be best in specific game forums on that specific game rather than in forum games.

Now I'm caught up with the last time I did this.

5. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not in any way game related but it relates to the forum, it's a game called "The Pit Game". Basically you have to think of a reason to send the last person that replied to the pit. It's pretty much a revised version of the "Ban Game" I used to play but I changed it to "The Pit Game"

Example
    Person 1: Sent to the pit for using the :rifle: smiley
    Person 2: Sent to the pit for having 666 in your username.
    Person 3: Sent to the pit for not taking your daily vitamins
    Person 4: Sent to the pit for reminding me
    and so on~

6. Here are a couple of game ideas I have thought of:

1. Truth or Lie

The first person poses a question, and puts the answer inside a spoiler tag. The next person guesses whether the question is true or false, then asks a question, and puts his/her answer inside a spoiler tag, then he/she can check what the answer was to the first person's question by viewing the spoiler tag after posting.

Person 1:

I own three dogs.
    False

Person 2:

True

I own a limousine.
    True

2. The Drawing Game

The first person names something for the next person to draw. That next person draws whatever the first person says (via Paint, Photoshop, etc.), then names something for the next person to draw.

Person 1:

A robot wearing a tuxedo.

Person 2:

*a drawing of a robot wearing a tuxedo as an image*

A cactus surfing on a surfboard.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Hmmm, any game ideas that involve dice? If so, we could turn on that plugin for this section:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.