1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Official AQ3D Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by ogreman, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Some questlines are not connected to activating those runes. We can't even activate all of those runes yet anyway so you don't need to worry about it too much.

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Yes, we are in the very beginning of main storyline of the game and so, it is very normal very few of them activated yet. So, don't worry.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Hey, anyone here excited for first three level of Tower of Necromancy?

4. Nilores

Nilores Guest

Credit:
    Yeah me, I feel it's gonna come reallyyy sooon because the adventure tab now has a new addition: the island of the dead where the tower is located. And it's at 34% complete.

5. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well it came out and I enjoyed it! But I'm already done with everything. It was literally a single sitdown to finish the content and extending that sitdown a mere 45min and I had all the items creafted already as well.

6. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    The new tower was, to be honest, a big let down. Took about 25 minutes for me to complete and the items were not very exciting. I know they are likely just trying to finish up the existing story lines before they start new ones but I hope we see some major stuff in the near future.

7. Ophidius

Credit:
    Okay, so who else is ready for a new class and/or a level cap increase and some new gear?
    I was gone for almost a year and when I cam back the level cap was only increased by 1. Took me about 3 days to get back to max (level and all top gear). I am looking forward to something big.

8. videovillain

Credit:
    I am currently enjoying the updated and patched Necro Tower challenge! It's nice to have people come save you now rather than stand on a skull forever. I have most of the gear already, saving for Necronomicon though. And will be going back to get Crypto gloves and boots since they scale.

Overall, it has been fun now that we can go to 31!

9. Ophidius

Credit:
    I have to agree, the new level cap is great. And the boss challenge is difficult yet fun. It doesnt change my mind about the first 13 levels but it's nice that it makes it worth your while in the end.

10. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Can't wait to see the new stuff for Darkovia update, and I think the level cap will increase to 35? ψ(`∇´)ψ

11. videovillain

Credit:
    Yea, I think you are right. it is nice they are giving us a chance to get a headstart up to 31 and gear to help with the grind to 35.

12. Ophidius

Credit:
    I'm hoping they release the healer when the release the darkovia stuff.. I would be wierd for them to release it and then have the desert maps come out right after and have a tier2 version available. Idk how much play time healer will get if they do it that way.

13. Yasuo Shiro

Credit:
    Yea, But did they announce a teaser for Healer class? Been waiting for it for years and still no teaser yet ಥ_ಥ Even Undeadslayer have no teaser at all, been on game plan for like 1-2 years? Or maybe more

14. Ophidius

Credit:
    There is currently no undead slayer listed on the game plan. At least not on the official game plan on the aq3d website. The 3 that are listed are healer (loosely lumped in with darkovia), assassin and acolyte (the later 2 are specifically stated to be in sands desert [assuming that means realesed at the same time {I hope}]). I have heard other people talk about an undead slayer class but I have personally never seen anything official on the class.

15. Yasuo Shiro

Credit:
    Yea, Undeadslayer was on the game plan. It always shows 50% done but no teaser at all. Guess they cancelled Undeadslayer class project for now

16. videovillain

Credit:
    I'd rather have a healer first!

Ophidius likes this.
  17. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There's a lot of things unfinished about the game. I'd rather have older content revisited and revamped than have newer content, because the newer content just feels like nothing more than timewasters. And I don't mean revamped (like changing the old Battleon drastically to mimic a kingdom), but more like improving parts of the game that people didn't like as much (making gameplay smoother and things like that).

18. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    A change I would most like to see in the game is to make it more story driven and less grindy. When a new level cap is introduced, you should be able to follow a new story with quests and naturally progress towards the new level cap. Standing in a dungeon, grinding away is not my idea of a really fun time. When I was a new player on AQ3D I was so busy uncovering all the different areas in the game, I wasn't really focused on getting to max level. I don't even really remember grinding for level until the next increase.

videovillain and Ophidius like this.
  19. Ophidius

Credit:
    Supposedly, there is going to be a big content release when the darkovia questline is finished. Multiple maps and an ending to that particular story/world. I hope it isnt purely grinding as well.

20. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Problem is the size of their company; they don't have enough writers, but in addition, they're pretty much forced to scale back on writing in general since it's hard for them to produce content which coexist with the story. Think of it this way... when you have very few assets (a limited number of monster models, NPC models, a single map, few features because of a small team of programmers, few art because of a small team of artists, etc.), there are huge limitations to what other members in a team can do. For example, without characters getting modeled, it's hard to convey a meaningful story. And they just can't hire more people, because of various expenses; they're pretty much in a chicken and egg situation.

But the main problem is AE's ambition to make a 3D game, especially of the MMORPG genre, but part of their drive to making a 3D game was because Flash was already dying before 2014. They just had to look for some alternatives, and that's what they've been doing up until around late 2014 (with mobile game projects like Battle Gems and BioBeasts, and then the creation of AQ3D). Personally, I think they could have done other genres or even continued making 2D games, but going 2D tends to be a huge setback in today's age, especially where thousands of games dominate the app store, Steam, or whatever console store. And it was already hard for them to predict any outcome for the future in those years; indie games in general didn't really explode until 2016 or a bit later when the Switch came out (would be late for AE to develop for that system now since they have AQ3D to prioritize), so indie companies that were still stuck to developing with Flash were in a difficult transition period.

I just don't see a future for AQ3D unless the game is bought out by some huge game company. At this point, they're just digging their own grave until it's unfeasible to continue work for AQ3D (similar to what happened with HeroSmash and OverSoul). Indie game development has always been a risk to assess, and most game developers looking to be hired tend to seek larger game companies for a better salary. Indie game companies, quite frankly, don't pay well compared to larger game companies, so any success for an indie game company would mainly come down to luck (i.e. presenting the right game at the right place at the right time). Realistically, nobody ever walks into a conference meeting with a "million dollar idea", because there's a lot of luck that determines success, and skill alone is never enough. Usually you need a marketing team to at least gain some traction for a product/service, but it's something that AE lacks, probably due to their tight budget.

And by all means, I'm not trying to rag on AE. Many legacy Flash game companies and hosts are facing a similar situation that AE's been facing for years now; there's been a lot of layoffs in the past years for these types of game companies, and that's been exacerbated now in 2020 because of the global situation. I think it's ludicrous that Flash is ending before 2021, because many companies are still in a transition period to port everything or find alternatives, and the global situation since the beginning of 2020 is slowing down that transition even more, jeopardizing those companies into bankruptcy.