1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Rebirth of Arcania

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by Zoltirian, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zoltirian

Zoltirian Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The Late Cecil left me this game in the poor state that it is but I want to make it bigger and better. I will be adopting a Gothic style by means of how the game play works along with a Medieval 16th century Armor and land set along with the average Fantasy of Magic and such. Also for those of you out there who have played FF Tactics there will be a job system for those that have not and do not know what a job system is I suggest you either look FF Tactics up to figure it out or ask someone who knows for more information.

Sides will come down to Light and Dark as usual but there will be multiple sides of each for example " humans elves and dwarfs get along but gnomes and hobbits even though they are apart of the light side could be enemies of the humans and such depending on factions." All of this will come down to factions in the long run.

The game Engine I will be using may be familiar to some of you it is the Torque Game Engine run on the Basic C++ scripting/coding along with their own design of Torque Script.

The story starts in a camp of your Race where you as a first days recruit start learning the ways of war and combat with your chosen weapon (you will be able to master more weapons down the road but you only start with one) until a rude interruption of an opposing force calls you and your fellow warriors to defend the camp. Once you have defeated the attack force it will go into cinematic state and show your commander talking into you then a year will progress and you will have control to do as you wish.

As for Races and Classes as I am sure your wondering about they are still under thought as I do not like the idea of building another WoW and having just Humans Elves Dwarfs Gnomes etc. Once I have the Races down and their looks I will come up for classes of each race.

The website is still Arcania Online although it will be undergoing construction for the next 6 months or so it will update and change constantly as the game will.

This game is open to any and all comments and suggestions along with if you have questions I will do my best to answer them.

"As a Phoenix we die and are reborn"

Zoltirian

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Moved this thread here because its an upcoming game.

Good luck! Keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008