1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Reset Button?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by HappyDays, May 26, 2017.

1. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    for that you can complain to the devs. i see artix replying someone with same problem like you~

2. ezkills

ezkills Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    HAHAHAHA i can live with being ezkills instead of Ezkills lol

Reynz likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There used to be a reset button (before there was a delete button) but they removed it for some reason :(

4. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    whats the difference if both serves the purpose of starting from the very beginning :)

5. Touka kirishima

Touka kirishima Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    what kind of rest button XD

6. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well one deletes your character and the other only resets your gold, xp but keeps your items.

7. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    ohh never taught of that...I think it still depends on the game developers. Sometimes their definition of reset is removing everything you have gained in your character including items like the MMORPG I used to play awhile back.

8. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If there was going to be a reset button, it would probably have to be accessed from the account management section on the AQ3D website. Of course the reset button probably wouldn't be for an entire reset; in other words, you would probably keep your items (even misc. items), craft menu items, DCs, bank vaults, and other important items and features. The only things you'd probably lose are gold, XP/levels, and quest progress.

Also, AE actually had a reset button near the end of Pre-Beta on their account management section, but removed it after some changes were made to the account management section. I really hope it returns though; it's been a useful tool when trying to replay the game for the fun of it, easily obtain information from the game needed for the Wiki by having access to storyline quests again, reobtain items that were only obtainable once, replay to learn about the story especially since some cutscenes aren't replayable, and more.

9. legionlord13

legionlord13 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Bad idea imo. Some player (read : kids) can lose their progress easily.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well I think AE could put some security measures, if they add a reset button. AE can make it so you have to retype your password in the account management or confirm that you want to reset via e-mail. AE could even store the character's data before the player reset in case they need to revert it back.

Again, it would just be a partial reset, not a total reset or a deletion. I don't think it's that much of a deal.

Mayonnaise likes this.
  11. legionlord13

legionlord13 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    That will do. Still doesnt sound quite right to me for an online games to have it but as long as everyone happy, why not? :)

Mayonnaise likes this.
  12. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Why? Um.. This is a pretty bad idea for me. :r

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It may sound like a bad idea, but it isn't (at least not a bad idea since it's a partial reset). When there was a reset button in the AQ3D account management near the end of Pre-Beta and during some of Closed Beta, I didn't heard anyone say it was a bad idea. But when they removed the feature, some players I talked to were wondering why and were asking me if it was temporary. To be honest, I think they removed it because they were updating the account management, especially in preparation for Kickstarter rewards.

14. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Aye and Amen, Princess.

15. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I always thought it would be neat to have a button to exit combat. It is frustrating to be unable to interact with NPCs, use travel form, use travel menu, etc. when you are in combat. Sometimes there is no one around fighting you. The mob who attacked you has run away and you are there, stuck in combat mode and there's nothing you can do about it.