1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Support thoughts/discussion?

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by hack10, Mar 12, 2012.

Who is your favorite support ?

1. Bard

13.3%
  2. Braum

13.3%
  3. Janna

26.7%
  4. Lulu

33.3%
  5. Nami

6.7%
  6. Nunu

6.7%
  7. Sona

20.0%
  8. Soraka

20.0%
  9. Taric

6.7%
  10. Thresh

53.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Daba99

Daba99 BamBam

Credit:
    League of Legends Support

Which support is best atm? For me its Braum,Thresh and Leona i pref tank supports. :D

2. VannaVIktor

VannaVIktor Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
  3. VannaVIktor

VannaVIktor Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
  4. Weljash

Weljash DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Blitz is the best :D

5. Weljash

Weljash DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Blitz is the best :D

6. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Since last patch i think that Sona is strongest, Braum and Thresh and rly nerfed, and i rly like to play ap supports like Janna, Sona, Soraka and Nami, i dont recommend tanky supports for beginners, take something safe like Janna for example, shild from behind and op disengage

7. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Since last patch i think that Sona is strongest, Braum and Thresh and rly nerfed, and i rly like to play ap supports like Janna, Sona, Soraka and Nami, i dont recommend tanky supports for beginners, take something safe like Janna for example, shild from behind and op disengage

8. Peyp

Peyp The Noblesse The Pit

Credit:
    Actually, I think tanky supports are more forgiving towards beginners and mistakes. If Nami gets caught there isn't much of a chance that she'll get away if enemy has decent gap closer. But chasing Braum or Leona, even Blitz is a pain. All of them have armor/magic res/bunch of hp and are much harder to kill.
    Yes, Janna, Nami and even Soraka can kite, but once caught it's pretty much over. Leona's can dive all day, all night and still live, Braums can tank for a while too.

9. Peyp

Credit:
    Actually, I think tanky supports are more forgiving towards beginners and mistakes. If Nami gets caught there isn't much of a chance that she'll get away if enemy has decent gap closer. But chasing Braum or Leona, even Blitz is a pain. All of them have armor/magic res/bunch of hp and are much harder to kill.
    Yes, Janna, Nami and even Soraka can kite, but once caught it's pretty much over. Leona's can dive all day, all night and still live, Braums can tank for a while too.

10. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Braum is best champ :)

11. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Braum is best champ :)

12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Ur right about getting caught, many ppl probably do getting caught. But i assumed that player know a bit about game, stay behind ADC on safe distance and do their job, at least on beginning when they start to play that champ.
    If some1 1st time play support with me as ADC, i would rather have some1 who will stay behind me and heal/shild, then go in and try 2 make plays.

13. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Ur right about getting caught, many ppl probably do getting caught. But i assumed that player know a bit about game, stay behind ADC on safe distance and do their job, at least on beginning when they start to play that champ.
    If some1 1st time play support with me as ADC, i would rather have some1 who will stay behind me and heal/shild, then go in and try 2 make plays.

14. Peyp

Credit:
    It might be my playstyle and it might be wrong, but even with squishies I tend to be in front of my ADC. Firstly, because I get Spellthief's Edge and want/need to proc it, second to win a trade since I have shield/heal and can regen or save my hp while ADC farms. Finally, lower lvl support is still better then lower lvl ADc due to early death. I still think it's wasted time being behind and having no presence, reminds me of support Nidalee >.>

But in case you said, if they are new to the champion staying behind could work out as long as they ward and don't put themselves in unneeded danger. Better safe then sorry.

15. Peyp

Credit:
    It might be my playstyle and it might be wrong, but even with squishies I tend to be in front of my ADC. Firstly, because I get Spellthief's Edge and want/need to proc it, second to win a trade since I have shield/heal and can regen or save my hp while ADC farms. Finally, lower lvl support is still better then lower lvl ADc due to early death. I still think it's wasted time being behind and having no presence, reminds me of support Nidalee >.>

But in case you said, if they are new to the champion staying behind could work out as long as they ward and don't put themselves in unneeded danger. Better safe then sorry.

16. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    How much impact do supports have?

How big is the impact of a support in a game of LOL i think its quite big but not as big as of a mage or assasin. i want wo know that other people think.

17. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    How much impact do supports have?

How big is the impact of a support in a game of LOL i think its quite big but not as big as of a mage or assasin. i want wo know that other people think.

18. Natsugami

Natsugami Dragon Slayer Ogre Regular

Credit:
    They do have a lot of impact. If a support catches, like Blitz, Thresh or something else, catches a good target that can turn the tides of the game, their warding is usefull too, even tho in higher elo every1 wards, not only the support. There's more stuff to say but I'm just too lazy.

19. Natsugami

Natsugami Dragon Slayer Ogre Regular

Credit:
    They do have a lot of impact. If a support catches, like Blitz, Thresh or something else, catches a good target that can turn the tides of the game, their warding is usefull too, even tho in higher elo every1 wards, not only the support. There's more stuff to say but I'm just too lazy.

20. Peyp

Credit:
    Alright... Let's do this.

• Support doesn't take creeps and builds aura items and/or active items that saved you more then any mage could.
    • Their abilities scale very well with that kind of build, and they keep decent dmg too.
    • Sure they have less dmg output then mages, but have either CC or great heals to make up for it.
    • They ward THE MOST.

And, have you ever played a game when your support went AFK? It had the same impact then when other roles go AFK, so that makes them equally important, no?