1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria: 1.3 Update! Upcoming Features!

Discussion in 'Terraria' started by Crownknight, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Hey guys! I am back for another Terraria thread! This one is for the next awesome update! 1.3! The creators are stating new thing that seem to be launching on June 30th 2015 (this year) and there will be TONS of new content I will give you information on whats coming up :)

NPC FACELIFTING

Facelifting means well... better graphic design and color. NPCS such as clothier nurse dye trader cyborg and old man are getting better graphic designs! And the creators have seriously improved there AI like you won't have the guide opening your door and letting in zombies all the time to at that point you just want to kill him... (seriously, why was he doing that anyway?) Also NPCS can now sit in chairs!

World Changes and MiniBiome

Minibiomes are fun to explore... and now Terraria has some too!! New minibiome known as enchanted sword shrine are included in this update as well as new underworld music and blocks!

Armor Changes

Okay the title says it all... Armor movement has been improved such as you don't have to stop when you turn well it looks more lively your turn freely and well it looks a lot better I think you will like it!

Events!

New events are planned to be added one known as the Lunar event and another called martian madness! They both will feature tons of new enemies and will be summoned probably like any other event :) They look cool and developers have put up music and what they look like in game :)!

Solar eclipse new enemies!

Have you ever wanted CREEPY terraria monsters? well now the developers are adding characters from horror movies such as Mothra and Dr. Manfly and others and well they don't look as creepy of course but are still cool and well a little creepy still...

Other added things

Here is just a list of items and things that are also going to be added!

Laser Ruler this allows live measuring of tile distances via the cursor.
    Meowmere, a sword that fires cat projectiles that leave a rainbow trail and makes cat sounds.
    Sinks added to each furniture set.
    Portal Gun.
    Cultist costume vanity set!
    Honeyfall Block and Wall.
    Alchemy Table: Offers a 1/3 chance of not consuming ingredients when crafting Potions.
    Vine Rope.
    Cobweb Rope.
    Sticky Dynamite.
    Nail Gun.
    Royal Gel.
    Pink Gel crafting material, possibly used to craft Bouncing Bombs, Pink Glowsticks that float in water and Pink Slime Block, and a lot of other things!
    Magic Water Dropper.
    Wormhole Potion allows teleporting to another player's location by pointing to them on the map.
    Flask of Frost.
    Frost Bullets.
    Laser Machine gun.
    Charged Laser Blaster.
    Granite Blocks and associated Furniture set.
    Marble Blocks and associated Furniture set.
    Planter Boxes, for growing Herbs as portable items.
    Sparring Dummy for testing weapon effects.
    Rainbow Torch.
    Rainbow Campfire.
    Demon Campfire a Campfire variant with flame similar to Demon Torches.
    Yo-yo.
    Sundial.
    Shadowflame Hex Doll.
    Martian Conduit Plating.
    Martian Costume Pants.
    Bee's Knees, a bow dropped by Queen Bee that fires 3 homing bees that bounce on walls twice and get destroyed on contact with third wall. Each bee does around 10-70 damage. Replaces normal arrows into three bees.
    New Dyes: Living Rainbow Living Flame Chlorophyte Gold Negative.
    3 new Mounts including a Drill Mount (a late-game, futuristic digging vehicle) and a Unicorn Mount.
    New Banners: Green Slime, Ice Slime, Red Slime, Purple Slime, Jungle Bat, Illuminant Slime, Illuminant Bat, Giant Bat, Snow Balla, Lava Slime, Crimslime, Possessed Armor, and other unknown banners.
    Blackhole Beater, a new ranged weapon.

General mentions

New summon items (Minions/Pets).
    A new Block with gradual light-up function.
    A fourth liquid.
    A new Hook.
    A Shield based on Eye of Cthulhu.
    New information display Accessories that show weather, damage-per-second (DPS), Moon phase, and more.
    Additional Minecart variants.
    A new Trophy.

New Characters

Crimson Bunny
    Crimson Penguin
    Tax Collector NPC.
    Lunar Boss

LOTS of new things as you can see here :)
    I hope you enjoy the update as much as I will anyway see yah :)!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Awesome update, hopefully all this makes it to all the platforms.

3. Crownknight

Credit:
    I do too... even though I only play on PC I still.... well... hope that it goes to all platforms :) It would be awesome.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yeah it'd go a long way towards helping Terraria regain its popularity.

5. Crownknight

Credit:
    I would think so... I think it needs more players :)