1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Views on dungeons auto adjusting difficulty

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Xctroy, May 20, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The game plan mentions that "Dungeons Auto Adjust Difficulty for 1 to 5 Heroes" which is now available to be tested on the PTR. Personally I feel this is an amazing change and helps a lot of players in the long run, such as people who farm for rares in a dungeon when the place has died.
    What are your thoughts about it ?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    As long as it stops monsters from getting killed in one shot. It's not so much of a problem in dungeons since you can just solo a dungeon in a private dungeon instance, but it is still a major problem in places outside of dungeons such as Doomwood Forest (Enraged Wolf Spirit) and World Tree (Voidling) where players are camping to do daily quests.

Personally, I don't think dungeons really need to be adjusted for anything. Trying to scale up difficulty would only make it feel less natural, unless it only applies for public dungeons and not private dungeons.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I am against any scaling system that will be added to the game. I don't want either item level scaling system or dungeon scaling. Reasons for that:

-I think every item’s level must be specific for keeping the hype fresh. If every item is going to be scaled for every level, what is the matter of farming harder dungeons? This system will make all future power items nothing but just cosmetics.

-I don't want player adjusted dungeon scaling system too for not losing teamwork mechanics in the game. They said all players will be able to solo dungeons. If I can solo in Tengu Challenge, what is the matter of playing this game? It may be appealing for the players for the first time, but it will cause players to the left the game after a while.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    We hear you, but this auto adjusting system isn't the same thing level scaling. Stats of monsters just get adjusted a bit depending on the amount of players in a dungeon, not necessarily making them any easier or harder and this adjusting does affect monster levels. The dungeons which were affected weren't hard at all in the first place even at proper level and this isn't going to apply to all dungeons and Tengu challenge dungeon is clearly one of those.

5. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    The adjusting difficulty just encourages me to run a private instance of the dungeon. It seems to go quicker and you don't have to worry about missing the last boss and losing out on loot. Whenever you are in a public dungeon and more people join, even though there are more people fighting, the progress seems to be slower. Why is this?

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think private dungeons are worse than public dungeons. I've been doing daily quests everyday and it's especially annoying doing the mousehole dungeon by myself everyday. Takes forever to kill monsters that are at my level using mage class. And when I get to the end of the dungeon, I try to skip the rock golem by hiding in a corner on the left, and just focusing on defeating the rat boss since that seems to save a bit of time.

From my experience, the scaled dungeons add probably an additional 10 minutes to completing daily quests, just because it takes longer to kill monsters than before. I don't think it makes the experience any more fun, just tedious.

7. Corom

Credit:
    Tell me about it! The pet feed quest just became a major undertaking. I used to breeze through the Dricken Cave and West Wall parts but now it is VERY tedious. I think that the scaled dungeon should be optional. If you're there for gold/xp then, yes, maybe it's a good thing. But if you're there to get through the dungeon, then it is not.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think keeping the scaling is alright for public dungeons (just so you aren't ruining newer players' experience), but private dungeons should just have no restrictions. But other than that, scaling does need to be improved, so that the monsters match the level of your gear (at least the mean, or average, of your overall gear), not the level of your character. I still use level 25 items and I'm at the max level, and I find it unfair to battle monsters at max level, because I lose easily, and I just don't feel like trying to get new gear.

9. Corom

Credit:
    Well, hopefully this new update will be everything that I wish it would be. Dungeon scaling will be optional on private instances. So, maybe we can go back to the way things were if we are farming for rares. I can finally really start farming for King's Ransom and Doom Ripper. It is going to be great......I hope.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I guess so, but scaling doesn't affect Doom Ripper that much. You can still avoid killing aggressive monsters and look for chests, and if there aren't any chests, just join Shatterskull/Shadowskull Bridge, go back to Bone Cliffs, and try the dungeon again. It's how people did it back then, when they used their alts to scout a dungeon while the game still forced a key limit on the player, because then you wouldn't be wasting keys on your main account, just your alt account.

But really, it's all about being able to adapt and look for techniques, even when the game tries to slow you down. I always try to find the best approach or method. At least you don't have to worry about being limited to 20 dungeon keys anymore with a 2 hour wait to gain a key.

11. Corom

Credit:
    That sounds like a real pain. I can't even imagine. However, I'm sure players will be saying the same thing in the future about conditions we have right now.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it's a good change to see an option to choose whether we want to play a dungeon scaled or not scaled. However, it doesn't apply to all dungeons unfortunately. For instance, the Red Betty Excursions doesn't have an option to choose scaled or not scaled (and you can't choose whether you want to play that dungeon with an existing party or not either), but I think the reason why the dungeon is like that is so that it can be randomized among three maps (Pirate Attack, Sea Creature Attack, and Undead Attack). It would be nice if all dungeons could be treated the same.

13. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I prefer to always do the dungeons privately and alone or with friends, public ones depend a lot on people and end up taking longer!