1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

weapons/gears crafted or dropped by enemies

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LegendaryGriefer36, Oct 31, 2017.

Would you agree?

1. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    So I saw a post on the community and was curious what the Gameogre community will choose, heres the question -
    Who else would prefer items like gear and weapons be dropped from enemies, rather then being crafted?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'd like to see more actual drops, but I think drops should be more about their appearance than their stats. Currently, the problem for the most part with drops is the insane drop rates such as with the Traveler's Pack, Soulborne Axe, Doom Ripper, the Frogzard helm, and the rumored Drooster drop that hasn't been proven true yet. Then there are seasonal drops, but there really is a lack of common, non-seasonal drops. One thing I really enjoyed about Alpha when AQ3D was still in development were easy drops, but it seems like the AQ3D team wants to heavily focus on crafting now. I disagree with the AQ3D team for the most part, and think that there should be a balance between the two.

3. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I prefer craft stuff.
    Despite having to collect some items for the craft.
    Stuff from the craft is visible when will make it, so we can choose which we will make.

I dont really like the stuff special from the drop (monster or chest), because it's like looking for an uncertain thing and it's tiring than looking for items to craft.

I just occasionally try to find the drop item, that too if I'm just wanting it.
    :D

4. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    both can be grindy, i think people get more thrills from monster drops but for main sets they need definite progress that crafting gives

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well crafting does seem to have certain advantages. You can preview an item in the craft shop, but you can also have an item be left in the craft menu without taking up your inventory. For me though, I think the game has way too many craft items and lacks a certain balance between craft items and drops, but even regular shop items.

Usually depends on the requirements. There are a few drops that are quite easy to get, but a lot of them are the same RNG nonsense.

6. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think finding a balance between the two would be good, like in this release where there weren't any crafts most of the good gear were drops.

7. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I would like AE to balance dropped and crafted items evenly, but they went with "crafted items are generally better" approach. I can see why they went with it, but i kinda miss those moments that i can get an upgrade just from killing monsters/bosses until that upgrade drops. Maybe items that drop from raids could be just like crafted items in terms of stats without actual crafting.

8. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I prefer droppable items than crafted but not on chest or dungeons I want it on an open world.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I like seeing droppable items on normal monsters (not bosses). For instance, the skeletons in Doomwood used to drop Ashen Plate Armor. I remember how fun that was, especially when players sold the drops for gold.

10. yolorizer

yolorizer BamBam

Credit:
    sure why not, as long as drops % arent ridiculous.

11. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    crafts for events

12. Valea

Valea Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    For now ill choose Crafting,more simple than the RNG system.

13. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Either way is fine, a rare drop from events cn be quite intresting. A rare drop that only appears once a year, itll be fun to hunt that.

14. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I prefer crafts item than rare drop items, because I am so unlucky to get rare drop items

15. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Craft items is more ok than rares because its make me sleepy to hunt rares

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You don't have to farm them all day so get some sleep so you won't be tired the next day.

17. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not sleepy xD we called that boring xD

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Unless the items are seasonal, then that's where you feel imposed to farming all day until you finally get the drop. Problem is that maps tend to die some time after the initial release, so it's best to get started as soon as possible to make sure you don't fall behind and possibly miss some grand opportunity, and that's generally true for non-seasonal areas as well. Try going to Dreadfool's Labyrinth now and there aren't as many chest hunters as there used to be; you would theoretically be spending longer in the map if the number of kills it takes to get the drop was fixed rather than completely random.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Old returning seasonal dungeon attend to get deserted pretty quick. Frostlorn shouldn't get deserted as quick though because there is character progression to be made with those epics! Fixed drop rates? We don't even know all the drop rates of items in the first place because no one bothers to do testing for that and even if we did, we would still need confirmation from developers because apparently player made drop rate tests are not viable enough. I can see why and I am not surprised, There are not that many people willing to farm mobs for thousands of times to count every time you get something or not.

20. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Drops are more boring xD but it is good to have many rares drops cuz this is what make the players be on longer .