1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you Expect after 5 years in AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Aerobous, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Irineu_122

Irineu_122 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    lots of items, guild halls, wars, hard respawn bosses, mounts.

2. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  3. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    fights against aliens and travel on pets,,,,,

4. Maelious

Credit:
    Err ... aliens ... ok ... more scifi than fantasy ... but it should work if done properly
    ... I remember this old D&D module: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks - Wikipedia

5. MNRX

MNRX Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Color customization for equipments.

6. Maelious

Credit:
    Aww ... not mechanics ?

7. MNRX

MNRX Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Absolutely, and not only that but a lot of other features mentioned here, I just choose one that particularly will need some improvements before implemented, I think they mentioned it was not possible because the devices they support and I really think it should have been a feature from day one in a game that revolves so much in look like you want to look and play with your friends.

8. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hmm not bad ..

9. Think they said that they'll never do color customized items in the game, and that they'll just recolor or retexture things for the sake of reusability. Kind of unfortunate, but that's their reality of making reuse of 3D models since they don't have extra modelers to make various unique items. If they were a bigger company with more players, color customized items and more unique item models would seem more plausible.

Anyway, seeing the pattern AQ3D's been going through in months, it's hard to see any shift in focus on their main storyline in these coming years. Nothing about their new main villain for several months now, and no revisions to a lot of storyline flaws and other mistakes. It just seems like AE is focused on adding more content rather than quality content such as a captivating, flowing story which would honestly be a great move if they want to push the game Live so it isn't stuck in Beta for years. Story is a big part of any role-playing game, and I really wish there was more focus on that.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are those AQW 10th Anniversary Masks which actually are color custom.

11. Aerobous

Credit:
    There's one you can get from Terra in aqw void helm .

12. Aerobous

Credit:
    E.e guild hall is interesting !

13. I mean when it comes to stuff like armor customization, where you can customize base, trim, and accessory. I don't think they'll expand in that category of color customization, especially when it comes to armors and weapons themselves. AQW 10th Anniversary Masks are tied to customization of hair, skin, and eye color, which is the only color customization available. They're more like faces than what I would consider your typical helm item; could even argue about stuff like how the hair for Noble's Hat is color customizable just because you can change the hair color, but that doesn't sound correct in the topic of color customization as a whole.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They are the best what we got when color custom are concerned those masks I mean. I have my doubts about AE going for more items with color custom functionality because there are many recolors of many items already.

15. Aerobous

Credit:
    Yeah XD example all defender set XD most of the items in aq3d are similar they just recolonize everythting

16. I think the key is that they won't do color customization because they could profit more out of recolors. Like why buy 1 color customizable armor for 1,000 DCs, when you could buy 5 recolors for 3,000 or something crazy, right? I think that's really their big reason for not expanding on color customization, ultimately. Even if there's a strong urge for it, I really doubt AE will implement it.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Why make color custom items when you can just make recolors? It seems like AE is leaning towards that approach rather than making more color custom items. I am not that bothered about the lack of color custom items myself because I don't really use any of them personally.

18. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Probaly its so awesome. Im waiting for VR

19. It makes it harder to match various items with other items to be honest since most sets aren't designed with similar color schemes in mind. Only time when it's easier to match a set is if an armor has a simple design (like the various tunic armors in-game).

They just don't make colors the definitive standard colors to use. For example, they have items with various shades of gold rather than one shade of gold (e.g. Ebon Talon Armor has a different shade of gold than Royal and Silvered Talon Armor which has a different shade of gold than Gold Vampire Plate which has a different shade of gold than Golden Armor which has a different shade of gold than the armor pieces for Artix's Golden Direwolf Armor and so on). The shades of gold are hard to match, and that's the biggest downfall to not having color customization.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Which forces us to get more creative to match those colors together with items of same color and not necessary the same shade of said color. Silvered Talon Armor goes pretty well with pieces of Defender Knight set don't you think?