1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There exits a few share of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and many more. What do you think about them and do they serve any usefulness compared to regulated currencies? I have personally no experience with them and if you do please share them here!

2. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have tried to buy bitcoin way back when I encountered blockchain but the local exchange was reported of suddenly closing accounts thats why I didnt push through.
    Aside from that, I didnt find any other place to load up.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Honestly, I find that they could be vulnerable. Since bitcoins are pieces of data transmitted across the Internet, hacking could be a major issue, though hacking can already be an issue for online banks, so not too much difference with vulnerability. Maybe bitcoins are a bit safer, but the value of bitcoins is a bit different than the value of currency because economies are established and regulated differently. I would say it's all up to the consumers; cryptocurrencies aren't bad, but I don't trust them in the long-run.

4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Cryptocurrency are good invesments. I myself is an investor of this virtual currency i used to invest in bitcoin but the inflation is too much for me, pretty impossible to obtain 1 Bitcoin now. So i switched to RIPPLE(XRP) which is a new virtual currency i bought 2,5k XRP and going to hold on it. But you also have to be careful on other cryptocurrencies, because some of them are a scam so I suggest you stick with BTC , ETHERIUM, LITECOIN , RIPPLE , IOTA , EOS.

The only thing im worried about cryptoccurency is that you have to submit your infomation there such as SSN , Personal Info , Bank number and even your passport information which is really dangerous because of Identity theft. So I suggest if you ever decide to invest your money in virtual currency make sure to do some research first.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Gotta invest in those Dogecoins. It's actually crazy how wildly successful cryptocurrencies are since there are various forms of cryptocurrency. It's nice that cryptocurrencies are generally lenient with personal information, though I still probably wouldn't rely too much on cryptocurrencies.

6. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i heard there was a fall of cryptocurrency lately..

7. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It cryptocurrency, whatever u hear, by the time u heard it its already changed

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    One perspective of cryptocurrency I can see being revolutionary is blockchain technology; it just depends on what direction companies take to make them useful for any kind of transaction. For instance, there's a lot of potential in smart contracts and you can already implement it on a programming language like Solidity. I think Ethereum is the future, when it comes to blockchain technology.