1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What kinds of dailies would you like to see added?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    But the very act of buying them takes away content that they could have played for and thus reducing things you can do.

2. Everything needs balance in my point of view. If the game always required grinding, then it would be very one-dimensional only benefiting the dedicated gamers who actually play the game. I see daily quest as a better alternative to pay2win shortcuts. When you do daily quests, you spend maybe about 5 minutes and get rewarded an abundance of craft items, and the positive thing about that is, it's not always exclusive to paid-players. Another point is that AQ3D doesn't have many concurrent players online farming, so daily quests help mitigate grinding for items solo. My point is most players don't have all the time in the world to craft items, especially players who spend money on the game. I don't think any of that reduces things you can do, especially once we get replayable features like PvP in the future that could keep gamers entertained for hours. Surely, I wouldn't want to spend several hours grinding for gear.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yet you did grind for Midas' Curse for a month. I mean grinding for gear that is worth it that takes several hours makes you feel that you achieved a goal and you will yarn for more. Buying gear with DCs takes that away which makes MMORPGs great, leveling and gearing your character and witness it grow in power. You don't have to get everything done as fast you can, play a bit each day and you will eventually get to your goal.

4. But just because I grinded for an item for a month doesn't mean it was fun, especially considering I spent many hours each day. Anybody who played AQ3D in Alpha and Pre-Beta would remember Midas' Curse being easy to obtain (and they probably didn't keep the item because they thought they'd be able to buy it easily anytime later), but when they released it as a low drop, everyone thought it was a complete prank, and then people complained about it when they found out it was true. I even complained about Drooster farming, because of botters, and eventually complained about Dreadfool's Labyrinth, because new players were struggling with the questline in the area since everyone was just focused on killing chests. That just isn't how I'd like to see the game turn out. Obtaining items shouldn't feel like a chore; it should be something most players can enjoy doing.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You didn't have to do it in the first place. Dreadfool's Labyrith is side content and as such it's not a necessary part of gearing/leveling and you can get better items elsewhere. I mean, you can ask people to help you out if you really want to get those quests done, it's not like everyone is going to ignore you. MMORPGs should have some chores because it's the very nature of this genre and as such MMORPGs are not for everyone.

6. But heavy grinding doesn't apply to every MMORPG, and perhaps it's even why MMORPGs are less popular than other game genres like MOBAs. People play games to enjoy a good story, enjoy the gameplay, talk with other players, customize and connect with their character, and feel rewarded for achievements in the game; that's really the core of MMORPGs. A good MMORPG doesn't need heavy grinding to advance the enjoyment; if anything, heavy grind, even if it's optional, just persuades players to have a different view on the game, and that's the last thing you would want. You want to build more options, so gameplay isn't one-dimensional... and that's where daily quests come in. For Akriloth items, the AQ3D team made it so you could craft items with daily quest rewards instead of depending on low drops from a boss where there aren't many players farming, for instance. For pirate gear, the AQ3D team made an extra daily quest as a perk for Guardians as a way of nodding to their supporters.

Imagine if they added daily quests in older areas where you had to enter a dungeon and defeat the boss to complete the quests, and you build up daily quest rewards for craft rewards. Those dungeons would be more active compared to if the rewards in that dungeon were completely optional grind and had a low drop rate. If something like that could get more players to revisit older areas, then wouldn't that be a positive thing? We want the game to feel like it's more active, and it hasn't felt that way with grindy areas.

I've even mentioned Dreadfool's Labyrinth before; from my experience, a lot of players have struggled to progress through story quests because everyone else is focused on grinding for Midas' Curse. This is very one-dimensional, because everyone is just concentrated on killing one monster. If there was a daily quest requiring you to kill something like 1 chest, 2 regular monsters, and Dreadfool for special quest rewards that you build over time and would be used to help craft Midas' Curse (instead of farming for the weapon as a drop), then wouldn't that make the game more enjoyable for both parties (the players grinding for a low drop, and the players doing the story quests)?

Even in Darkhurst, they started adding daily quests since players stopped farming as much in that area. During new releases, there are more players farming, but maybe after a few weeks, those areas feel dead. Daily quests, such as the one in Darkhurst, have helped restored the enjoyment of playing the game.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    So you don't want grinding as a point of view to look at this game? This is a MMORPG we are talking about here. It's what we expect to see. You can't have the whole experience without that character progression which is going to have grinding on it. Guardians did get a nod already when Battleon War Events came around and gave Guardian an additional way to get medals with gold and Guardian Defender Tokens while getting medals the normal way so basically Guardians are able to get more medals over time compared to non-Guardians.

Daily quests can be great, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't solve the problem of people not doing a certain piece of content. Sure, they will go and do them and then what, you expect them to continue helping other after they have done those dailies? No, sir! When Ashfall came out and introduced Drake Hunter Cloak "dailies" where you go and do older dungeons to get materials to craft them. Did it work? Yes, but it was temporary as level cap increased and people stopped doing them because the lack of active players.

When it comes to getting materials for Dreadfool's Labyrith items, you will get as you loot those chests, no harm there, but to get advantage of that you have to do those quests to even unlock the option to start crafting those items. As i said before, you can just ask people to help you out, it's not going to like talking to a wall. Dailies can help on this without that "asking for help" part potentially.

8. For a game like AdventureQuest 3D, grinding can wait. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but we're in Beta. We don't have a lot of players online, especially helping out other players, and whenever there is grinding, it tends to take away other focus to the game. When the game gets more players and it feels like there's more player interaction, then that's when I think grinding has a potential. When I farm for rare drops, I tend to have to farm for them by myself or with a few people, and that's no fun; from time to time in Dreadfool's Labyrinth, I see a fluctuation of players, some peaking during certain times of the day and some usually being 2 players in a map.

As for the Drake Hunter cloaks, it did work pretty well, but it did have issues. The main issue was lack of level scaling, which is absolutely crucial. High leveled players were pretty much griefing in dungeons when the cloaks came out. We need level scaling, but we need it done right. Players don't like being scaled the same as everyone else. For instance, a level 1 player gets scaled to level 6 and a level 15 player gets scaled to level 6 as well; the scale has a hard cap of 6. Instead, something like level 1-5 players getting scaled to level 5, level 6 players staying the way they are, and level 7-22 players getting scaled to level 7 would feel better; then we have a level scale range which is far better. We also need daily rewards to take longer and be more varied; the issue with the cloaks is that most players aren't going to collect all three, just one. We could have had items like helms, armors, and so on, but all of the items were cloaks.

So to sum it all up:
    - More players active in the game = Fun grinding and not just solo grinding
    - Better level scaling, so doing dailies don't badly affect other players when visiting old areas
    - Variety of rewards, so people will continue grinding

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's indeed true that grinding is hindered by the lack of active players and variety of daily quest formats. Level scaling is going to be focused on more when those dungeons changes come out which are mentioned in the game plan. Daily quests with more varied rewards is a great idea because they mostly just give a chunk of crafting materials.

10. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would like to see a daily to kill different bosses in one quest. A much needed quest for dead boss areas.

Give a reward with incentives. Maybe a loot box similar to the upcoming daily log in rewards.

11. Queen600

Queen600 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Token Dailies for Necro and Paladin Class..

12. Capt.Harlock

Capt.Harlock MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    For me we need a daily quest at dreadfools labyrinth to get the needed crafting materials easly

13. Eternal Oblivion

Eternal Oblivion Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Daily pets crafts would be nice.

14. While on the topic of daily rewards...

There's a lootbox feature that the AQ3D team is currently working on. There's credible rumor that you'll be able to buy the lootboxes or earn them as daily rewards; not sure if there'll be other perks to obtaining more lootboxes such as becoming a Guardian, but this daily reward idea sounds nice. One of the lootboxes is called Rare Loot Box, so there might be a regular Loot Box and a Rare Loot Box.

Nobody has any idea of what these lootboxes will contain, but some are speculating items such as Golden Guitar Axe, Molten Staff, and Forevermore Sword may become rare lootbox rewards. It would be nice to see these items from lootboxes you could earn as daily rewards.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It sounds great but i do hope it doesn't end up like AQWs version of lootboxes. Legends only get two free keys a month without any other ways to get them besides buying more. I am also interested in the contents of those chests. Lets see how AE goes with this and then comment on it when we get a functioning version of it.

16. So it's now officially confirmed that the speculated loot boxes are the daily treasure chests (they probably called it daily treasure chests because loot boxes has a negative connotation with cash-grab gachas implemented by other games), and the feature is now available on the PTR server. The good news is that you don't have to build a daily streak in order to maintain progress towards any of the special chests, which is nice, and if people are willing to pay DCs for them, they could do that. I just wonder how people would perceive it once it's officially released, like if people would perceive it similar to gambling, sort of like AQWorlds' Wheel of Doom.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I need to go to PTR and test this feature out! Well, we will see how people will react when it comes to live servers.