1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What would be your ideal subscription fee?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Heromanguy12, May 7, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Pay to play MMORPGs run on game time subscriptions which you pay to get access to them for a period of time that you have to renew if you want to keep playing. What would be your price that you would put on a subscription for a MMORPG and what kind of subscription bundles would there be? For example: 1 month for this much, 3 months for this much and 6 month for this much and etc.

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It depends on the game for me. For example, WoW deserves its monthly fee with being an iconic game (in my opinion). But if the game itself is not so popular, or kind of a new game in the market; I would say maximum ideal fee would be 6-7 dollars for one month.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'd prefer $10 max. An maybe $60-70 if you pay for a year up front.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'd much prefer an MMORPG where you just pay once and have access to the game permanently; a good price point would probably be $60 for a pay-once model since that's the typical cost of games you'd find at the game store. Then the rest of how the game company makes money could just be in-game paid features like microcurrency.

I'm not really a fan of subscription renewals, because you'll have times when you won't be playing as much (which is a waste of money, especially for the main demographic which is primarily children (particularly teenagers) that spend most of their time at school). And the biggest thing to be concerned about is when you don't renew your subscription, you could lose your account just because game companies think you've quit playing for a long time. But if there really has to be subscription renewals, then I think a fair annual price would be $5, which adds up to $60 in 12 years which is an excellent bargain since most $60 games aren't even played for that long, plus it would easily attract more consumers.