1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What's your funniest misheard lyrics of a song?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Xctroy, May 25, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The chorus of old town road sounded to me like "Take my horse to a hotel room" for the first time and I genuinely laughed a lot

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think there are plenty of mondegreens you can spot in music, but the best ones are of songs where the lyrics don't make any sense in the first place and people try to create lyrics out of them... like when you play a song backwards and try to make sense of the words. For instance, I think the backwards version of Stairway to Heaven is intriguing, because people try to interpret the misheard lyrics as something satanic. But in terms of funniest, I'd probably say the Teletubbies theme song played backwards where all you can hear is "sea monkeys".

3. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Listening to the Girls' Generation Gee MV, the 1:33 timestamp part sounded like, "I'll charge you newbie, oh yay! A troubled yankie, oh yay yay yay!" It's not too funny for my taste, but this was the only song that came to mind.

Buuuut... if getting off-topic with the "a song" part, then I'd say this anime opening compilation; it has visuals and English subtitles compiled.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021