1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

who will be the strongest in ogre wars?

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by keller07, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keller07

keller07 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    who will be the strongest in ogre wars? Gold Beast? Ironheads? Wompers? Steelskulls? Or Speedy alone? :) :D

2. keller07

Credit:
    hahah. I bet speedy alone. :)

3. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    well if you're thinking about this season, it's quite obvious by now that speedy alone is wayyyyyyyy above everyone else together.

And if you're talking about next season, it's up to rest of us to make sure that doesn't happen again :)

4. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    strongest will be the one who knows how to coordinate their attacks

5. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Spiked Club Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    No one is topping Goldbeasts, Ironheads, Wompers and Steelskulls from attacking Speedy. All of them combined attacking on the same day MIGHT givethem a chance.

I have been saying from the very begining that you gotta work as a team and dont be scared just cause you getting attacked and it proves that i was right.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

6. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    well that joint attack on you might have worked while troop cap was at 500k, now that there is none, there's simply no chance to knock you down even if we all attacked (and by all, I mean all of us that are still active, ~20 people? )

anyway, we'll see how well we do teamwork next season, there was already some sign of teamwork in steelskulls this season, but just not enough firepower to put that teamwork to good use...

7. keller07

Credit:
    next season, we'll do teamwork. :)

8. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It's literally numerically impossible even if every player active or not attacked you, speedy. Anyone with maxed attack (which isn't a large number of people) would do no better than winning or losing 1:1 against you, taking either 9% or 11% of your troop number in damage. That would automatically zero anyone, so everyone only gets one attack. At the same time, that means the most you could take in damage from everyone is 11% of the total troops of people who aren't you.

speedyturtle: 17,907,244 troops
    every one else: 4,786,420 troops

All told, from everyone, the maximum troop damage you would receive is 526,506. And that was if everyone attacked you and everyone had maximum attack and got lucky and the system decided that they won. Which they don't have. And each attack would zero every single person who attacked you, so it wouldn't serve a purpose. Even if we were all consolidated into one single village it wouldn't matter. We'd get a couple more attacks in, but the difference in troop numbers would be too much.

So yes. As it stands, there's no point in anyone doing anything, and will not be until the next season.

If we had worked together earlier in the season, yes, with constant vigilance we might have been able to keep you down some, when other people started reaching max attack. Except people quit, because it's impossible to keep people active for a very long time in a game that takes this long. Maybe it'll turn out differently next season, maybe it won't. I'm hopeful, given how handily you dominated this time, that maybe we'll get some coordination. I tried a few times before I gave up because nobody cared this season.

To make a long post short, yes, teamwork is really important and might have made a difference earlier, but no, it's physically impossible to change anything now.

9. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i WAS THE BEST UNTILL SPEEDEY DESTROYED ME I DIDNT KNOW THE CAP WAS REMOVED NONE TOLD ME SO I WAS AT 500000

10. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah, sure you were :)
    And it's only your fault that you don't read the forums where it was clearly written that the cap is gone. Nobody told speedy, nobody told darkboy that also had 2 million at some point, they read it here, on this forum, which everyone can read ;)

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This season definitely belong to Speedy as the end clearly showed lol. Next season depends on a combination of team work and perseverance:).

12. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    And if you follow your under 10% and you're out rule, all the nations but speedy island should be eliminated by now. In fact, I'm pretty sure by this time tomorrow, all the nations put together will have under 10% xD

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The Gold Beasts and Iron Heads will return:).

14. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Spiked Club Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Over my dead body:stupid:

SPEEDY
    enjoy

15. CHAC

CHAC Tingly Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah i thnk speedy island will rule over all!

16. p

Credit:
    Lol speedy, if getting every nation under 10% didn't work, get every village under 10k! 5k! No limits!

17. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    That's exactly what he's doing xD check the largest villages list, and notice how they get smaller and smaller every day xD

18. p

Credit:
  19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Speedy won and is feasting on the spoils until we start the next season:).

20. keller07

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.