1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

why do you think some people have quit playing AQ3D ?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by a, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Mhm, I'm totally okay if they add some DC only items with stats as long as the stats are not a whole lot better than the F2P items with stats. Or maybe like when they released Heretic they could have made it so instead of needing to grind the gear you could just buy the same set or another legion set with the same stats for DCs. Also with the release of Fallen Guardian the gloves, boots and belt of that set had the best stats at that time though they were one level lower. The next best item stats at that time was the blood vampire gloves, boots and belt, but the blood vamp was one level higher and awesome rarity instead of one level lower and epic rarity. So technically Guardians at that time were actually able to have slightly better stats than F2P players. No one seemed to care much at all about that.

2. Wilder94

Wilder94 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't like the idea of dc items with stats, they will abuse it as they do with dc items without stats.

Also nobody was bothered because we paid for extra perks, that's like complaining Kickstarter backers got travel forms way faster than f2p so that's a problem?

3. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think it was a problem and I think everyone understood which is why I think giving players who pay a bonus in stats would be okay as long as it's not too much. Maybe they could make special potions for DCs that boost your attack or defense instead of making DC items with stats. Or they could just bring back the ability to buy items in the crafting shops just for DCs like they used to.

4. Wilder94

Credit:
    I mean I wouldn't be against it with any other company but ae are greedy, I don't think they would stop at a small amount if it sold well.

They have those temporary boost potions for dc

5. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah but those boosts you hardly notice and AE isn't that greedy. If AE were so greedy they would make the game totally p2w. They are just a bit lazy and are too focused on so many different games. They should really just stop some of the inactive games.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's somewhat true, but not entirely. Also, AE can still get away with being called "free2play" even though they have forms that cost almost $20 (around 4,500 DCs), and their excuse is that players can't win at anything with speed advantage. I mean, that's technically true with stat items in PvE as well, and somehow AE agrees that statted gear is pay2win even though there is no "winning" at anything with statted gear currently. It's just a boost advantage for both cases (people with forms get around places quicker and people with statted gear kill monsters more effectively).

Then there's usually some sort of excuse, like, "you can get a parrot form with 150% speed by doing dailies in Lolosia." Well, you can get statted gear for free through gameplay, so I don't see what the issue is with giving DC items stats. To be honest, making DC items as cosmetics seems more like laziness than acting as "free to play," and people are gullible enough to fall into that deception.

And honestly, the terms "free to play" and "pay2win" have become warped that it's pointless making a case for either of them, especially as too much of anything is bad. Online games need a balance between "free to play" and "pay2win" and everyone needs to start acknowledging that.

7. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah I agree, you're right. They could pretty easily take steps to make the game better. I'm still hoping they will.

8. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I dont really like if stat item is being used in premium stuff, it makes unfairness except if that stat item is obtainable for free...
    I guess AE try to balance everything for pay players and free players, whatever pay players can get a thing that is able to affect gameplay (not cosmetic), free players can obtain it as well for free...
    What pay players get for paying is more likely the advantage of time...

9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    And how would they even do that? These terms have existed for so long and their meaning has not really changed and their existence in one space is deemed problematic. Why even play if you are going to boost? You getting gear is the core part of character progression and just paying for it with IRL money just takes that experience away which shouldn't happen. What's next, level boosts? Sure, people don't have all the time in the world but boosting goes against what MMORPGs stand for. You work to make your character stronger and bond with it. Paying to get that out of the way just makes playing redundant.

10. Wilder94

Credit:
    Unfortunately that's how most games make money these days, people work and want to play, rather than make time for games they'll rather pay for it

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    True, but not a lot of players want to boost their characters with real life currency for the sake of not actually playing the game; they generally want to skip heavy grind because it's boring or because they don't have all of the time in the world. For instance, having the ability to outright buy craft rewards (with stats) for DCs is dumb, but having the ability to spend DCs on some (but not all) craft materials for that specific craft reward is a lot better. For cosmetic-only craft rewards, I generally wouldn't care if people could outright buy the item for DCs or not, as long as the pricing is fair.

People tend to think pay2win is the complete opposite of free-to-play, but it's really pay-to-play that's the complete opposite of free-to-play. Pay2win is just a subcategory of the freemium category within free-to-play games. What's corrupted is when game companies market their game as free-to-play with freemium content and acknowledge that they don't have pay2win content to appease consumers, and then make up their own definitions of "pay2win." I really wouldn't care if game companies did acknowledge their games are pay2win; there's nothing to hide as every company needs to make revenue.

MMORPGs are generally designed to suck you into the game for as long as possible. People who play other games generally don't have time to play through MMORPGs except maybe the very few gaming addicts. It's the MMORPG die-hard fans that are able to grind through a great deal of content, and it's not really the kind of gaming culture I support.

12. Archdragon

Credit:
    Can we just play the game for fun? Most retired players are people who see this game isnt fun anymore. Dc or not, premium or free, it doesnt really matter. if the game is fun you will keep playing it, if it's not fun anymore because of either make you bored or make you pressured, just stop playing it.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Generally the people who don't find the game fun anymore want the game to be fun, but how you define "fun" is subjective. And in fact, a great chunk of players who were around in 2015 have already left while a few people are actively vocal. I don't have a problem with people being vocal since everyone's going to have viewpoints about any game, and that's perfectly normal, but it's also the viewpoints that allows for great feedback. For instance, if people eat at a restaurant that's been popular for years and they have a bad experience, some people won't return to the restaurant while some people will write Yelp reviews, and when that restaurant's business is doing poorly, they can check reviews to see what went wrong.

No game is perfect, and it's normal to have viewpoints and opinions, but what I don't agree with is when people only have positive viewpoints or only have negative viewpoints about a game, or specifically, state things like "I like x" or "I hate x" without explaining why. It's great to know why people think the way they do. If players want to quit a game without explaining why they've quit, that's fine, but it's always nice to see insightful viewpoints and feedback.

14. Archdragon

Credit:
    I work in service quality department, so I kind of understand what do you post. My senior always says we must appreciate those customer who love complaining to the company because we can fix what is bad, unfortunately most customers rather than complaining, they just leave and never back again, not only company loses it precious customer, company also loses the chance to fix what make it bad.
    And about fun, we can define it as satisfaction from the game. If you satisfy with it, it means fun, if the satisfaction is more than you expect, it means very fun.

15. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That's is why the first expression is important! If game starts well then players are going to keep playing until they get stuck somehow and get frustrated or bored.

16. kauegatto

kauegatto MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    It's probably like me, they get bored and only come back for events/ daily chests xd