1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft: No Growth Since 2008

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by CaptainSwag, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainSwag

CaptainSwag BamBam

Credit:
  2. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Well I blame the devs on this one..After the release of the Lich King and the new Death Knight race. Just about every player rolled a Death Knight although most will not admit it. So at any given time in a certain Level caps Zone. You can do an ingame Class search of the big zone you are in and a window shows what classes are online and in that zone you are in. What came up was all Death Knights.

Then once you get to a even Higher level caps zone you run into game glitches, Rubberbanding, items picked up never showed up on characters inventory, etc. the list was endless.

The Official Blizzard forums where swamped with complaints of game problems. The Devs rarely ever fixed these problems, because they where to busy on making patches that Nerfed classes constantly. People that played WoW from the start was wondering where in hell was there 15$ a month going to? Nothing got fixed but classes keeped getting nerffed.

Then during the Lich King one of the main WoW designers moved onto greener pastures, and started working on a new Blizzard game. People think it might be StarCraft 2 but not sure.

Ingame GameMaster took way to long to answer a problem tickets from players. The lag never stopped in some areas. Been addressed several times but didn't get fixed. New patches keept coming out over and over but the brokend stuff was still brokened. And classes still kept getting Nerfed.

I thinks its Blizzards way of killing WoW because they want the Hardcore WoW players to move onto there "Supposive" new MMO game. If thats the case then I think Blizzard should rethink there actions, because if the brokened stuff in WoW was addressed by players, and Blizzard rarely fixed them, then Who's to say if it will happen on the new game they are working on?

People will argue and say: "Well the newest patch helped Buff a class." It did but that is nothing but a mere tool to keep the Subscribers, subscribbed to WoW, so Blizzard doesn't lose anymore game accounts.

Tis why a new level caps expansion is coming out with two new races in WoW. Blizzard wants to try and increase WoWs population more, just so they can keep the publics attention to get more people in WoW, to kill the new expansion, and hope the players will move onto there new game. I feel this expansion's soul purpose is to only increase WoW subscriber's.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I thought WoW would go on forever:p. Do you think WoW will start to decline after Cataclysm?

4. Joker

Credit:
    Cattlism could start a big decline if it fails. What does everybody have to look forward to if it bombs?

5. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Cataclysm. looks like a great expansion, don't get me wrong. All the elitist players are pretty excited about it. Excited meaning to rush through it like people did in Lich king. Everybody in WoW wanted to be servers first(insert class race, and secondary skill here)level 80.

I knew a guy on Drenden Realm Horde side who played WoW almost three days straight, just after the release of WoTlK, to get the acheivement to be servers first level 80 Tauren druid. His name was Dunmore, and he even had an out of group healer, from his Guild, that helped him survive by going into high level areas and Farming elite kills. The higher the level you kill the more XP you got in WoW especially killing elite NPC's.

He didn't group with the guy, because in WoW a group splits Experience points. This Druid wanted all XP, just to be Servers first. This will happen with Cataclysm too, Someone will not sleep at all just to be server first(insert class race and secondary skills here) level 85. So yeah I think Cataclysm will be used as a Tool to kill WoW. Like I stated above Blizzard wants to attract more accounts, and yes, keep the already exitent ones. Then destroy WoW, and hopes that the present accounts will move onto there supposive new MMORPG. After all someone has to pay for the developers checks from making the new game. Why not the subscribers?

Lets face it WoW ran number one MMORPG for awhile. It had a huge love hate relationship with millions of MMOGers. People hated it cause it was a Pay to Play, and people loved it for those who Payed to Play. It had a great run, its time it should die. And the Tool that should be used to kill it, will be called Catacylsm.

6. larryfilmmaker

larryfilmmaker MMORPGer

Credit:
    It's natural to decline, no matter how big or great something is. Hardcore fans won't leave, but casual gamers will move on. The goal in entertainment is to hold onto the casuals for as long as you can, and WoW did an amazing job of doing that and, ultimately, being the "in-thing" for many years when most trends or crazes burn out in a few months. Leveling out or losing customers isn't a sign that the game is bad or that "newbies are ruining it". It just means the trend has run it's course and the times are a changin.

Look at pro wrestling. Ten years ago it was huge with Stone Cold, DX, nWo, etc. The ten years leading up to that nobody cared - but the ten years before that it was huge with Hulk Hogan and all that. Now it's once again become unpopular. The wrestling fans still watch every week because they're hardcore fans but until something new or surreal happens, the average person won't care. Highs and lows. Such is the way of entertainment. It's not about pleasing the fans - they're not going anywhere.

It's about pleasing Joe Schmoe and unfortunately for WoW, Joe is starting to look the other way.

7. Joker

Credit:
    World of Warcraft has lasted 2 or 3 times as long as the NWO lmao.

8. larryfilmmaker

larryfilmmaker MMORPGer

Credit:
    I agree, but that doesn't really change the fact that the rule still applies.

9. Joker

Credit:
    The question is what the casual players will move on to. Another MMO or something social?

10. angrygm

angrygm BamBam

Credit:
    It's peaked and the economy isn't so good.

11. thundemp2007

thundemp2007 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    WOW in fact has a huge contribute to the online games so i think it will developed more and more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.