1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Worth Paying For?

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Potsie, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potsie

Potsie BamBam

Credit:
    I just played the free version a little past but never got into it. Think the premium version is good enough that it would hold my interest longer?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It depends on your lvl. I think that premium or "members" version is better once you are around lvl 40 or higher but there is still a lot to do if your not. Some of the mini games are worth it and some of the members quest are amazing. Members takes awhile to get into because of all the features like pets, skills and its a lot bigger. I would say just try it. Its different for ever person some people like it some don't.

3. happylad

happylad Little Spike

Credit:
    I have only done the free version but it might be worth it if you are really into the game and are high enough level to get some of the member stuff. But i would wait till you max out most of your stats on the free then jump the account up so you can have quick acess to the good stuff. But if you dont really play that much i probably isnt worth it. Also it is considerably cheap compared to other games so why not try it.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    You cant wait untill you max some of your stats out or you'll be playing on free world for years unless you play 24/7. I'd say try to get your free stats to about 50 and if you still like the game then buy members.

5. Sansbar

Sansbar Club Swinger

Credit:
    Too many better games that are either $15 per month or free to play for this. Even Dungeon Runners for $5 a month kills RuneScape imo.

6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    $5 a month is good for a MMO. I wish they all cost that much lol.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Me too and I wish there were more free one's.

8. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    I think Runescape is worth 5 bucks (today its 6 although when u started this thread it was 5)

i mean just to try out members =p.

though I cant say much....i was member at level 30 (this is low) max is 138 at the moment.

occasionally I am non member, and honestly I can say I am driven nuts, i cant find anything to do lol. and this is why I think people rate runescape so bad, though honest to good jagex does need to allow non members a bit more freedom. which they have somewhat done in a way...they were allowed dungeoneering w/ rewards =p

i mean at this point runescape is nearly ripping off world of warcraft w/ dungeoneering (instances in WOW). so why not pay 6 dollars>15 dollars for world of warcraft....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.