1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox 360 Surpasses 2.5 Million Kinect Sensors Sold

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by GameOgreVideos, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Microsoft Corp. today announced that strong demand over the Black Friday weekend, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season in the United States, has propelled retail sales of Kinect for Xbox 360 to more than 2.5 million units worldwide since it launched just 26 days ago in the U.S.

“We are thrilled about the consumer response to Kinect, and are working hard with our retail and manufacturing partners to expedite production and shipments of Kinect to restock shelves as fast as possible to keep up with demand,†said Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “With sales already exceeding two and a half million units in just 26 days, we are on pace to reach our forecast of 5 million units sold to consumers this Christmas.â€

As Christmas shopping in the UK began in earnest yesterday with Manic Monday, traditionally the busiest internet shopping day of the year, Kinect for Xbox 360 is expected to continue experiencing high sales and strong consumer demand.

Kinect is now available at more than 60,000 retailers in 38 countries. It is the only controller-free games and entertainment system available that lets you control games, movies, music and television with gestures and your voice. Retailers, reviewers and analysts are calling it a must-have gift this holiday season.

In the UK, Kinect for Xbox 360 is available at £129.99 ERP for the stand-alone Kinect Sensor and “Kinect Adventures†game, or £249.99 ERP for the all-in-one Xbox 360 Kinect Console Bundle including the new Xbox 360 4GB console. More information on Xbox 360 and Kinect for Xbox 360 is available at Kinect - Xbox.com - Xbox.com, or Xbox | Facebook.

2. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've been writing a lot about the Kinect -- especially the things that homebrew hackers have been managing with the devices (which is amazing.) I am under the impression that Microsoft has discovered themselves a Pandora's Box, which has already bitten them once because of their PR gaff; but it's interesting that the device has so many versatile functions, yet they haven't plied many of them in the games release for it.

The real evanescent quality of Kinect's popularity is that it's a pretty solid technology with interesting qualities for both geeks and lay gamers alike. I guess that may end up remaining the driving force behind its popular momentum. :)

3. VIP

VIP MMORPGer

Credit:
    I must say Microsoft really did well in marketing their Kinect. Sony had their Move which was supposed to be in the competition, but noone ever hears about it. I see commercials for the Kinect all the time. Looking at the technologies, the Kinect does look much superior too.

4. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I'm surprised at how popular Kinect has become, I didn't think it would catch on like this.

5. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yeah...I wouldn't buy it...but it looks like others like it

nobody i know has it...

6. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Oh I definitely want one. I have been interested in it since they premiered it at Gencon. If I hadnt already promised my son a Wii for xmas we would be getting the Kinect instead. As it is we are still getting one this march :D

7. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Why dont you show him some like previews and ask him if he would like santa to get that rather

8. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    "kinect fit"

mm how stupid would that be. -.-

9. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    probebly gonna have a kinect sport or something

10. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    XD imagine grand theft auto on kinect

jog, run, swim, steal a car, beat up a hooker, drive from the police

XD

11. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Tried that already he wants his Wii lol

12. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I was like that.. until I got a Wii and realized that if I wanted to play CoD, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, etc. I needed a 360.

13. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Yes ps3 is the way to go!

14. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I prefer 360 for the controller. However, I kinda want a PS3 just for that "Heavy Rain" game, it looks really good.

15. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    it is a awesome game

16. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    We just kinda set out a schedule of what we would get him and when. He already has the xbox360, ps2, psp, and his own comp. SO mind you hes not lacking by any means. He's pretty spoiled but it helps when your parents like to play games too lol. We are more willing to get them for him cause we want to play as well!

He chose the Wii for xmas this year. His birthday is in March and we will get him the kinect then and then hopefully get a PS3 next year for Xmas. and probably the Move for it next birthday lol. By that time Im sure the next big thing will be out and it starts all over!

17. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    luckyyyyyyyyy

Haha, my parents are not gamers, I purchase all my gaming stuff myself. With the exception of Tetris, I don't think I've ever seen them play a game. The only gaming thing they've every bought me is the Wii because they felt it was unique.. oddly enough I've played it less than probably every game console I've ever owned. :p

18. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    I would consider getting a ps3 instead of xbox...xbox's always break all my friends xbox's has needed to be fixed or taken in already and my ps3 is still going good :D

19. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I have the Elite (not the new one the old one) and it's been working fine. I got it in April for that spring bundle w/ Forza 3 and ODST. The Arcade's are the ones that always have problems (RROD).

20. King1ak

King1ak Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah, I had my Elite for four years before it finally broke down...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.