1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Design Notes/News/Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    (continuation)

Back at Castle Krieger, the sun had set. Massive gusts of wind and downpour started. The power violently flickered on and off for an hour. Of the four children staying with us, my son, who just turned 3, looked up at me and said, “What happened?” I took a small flashlight out of my pocket and said “whenever the power goes out, you say flashlight and I’ll hand this to you.” When the power comes back on, you say “all done” hand it back to me.” He bravely did exactly that. And then, at 11 PM, the power died for good (and evil). At which point, my son looked at me, determining if he should be nervous or not, and I smiled and said “do you remember all those times we ran around the house with flashlights… this is what we’ve been training for.”

We were well stocked for the storm, and my home has a generator BUT it never came on. Stryche and I went out to inspect the fuze box and tried everything we could do to fix it. I don’t remember which one of us asked, “We’re going to go out in this storm and try to fix the generator, aren’t we?” No one said anything, we just smiled. As Stryche was standing there in his raincoat and flashlight, I said, “you know, this is how every horror film starts, right?” After an hour we realized we had not put sufficient points into our Generator Repair skill tree and decided we were resigned to experience the storm by candlelight and radio, kind of like that kid in Neverending Story up in the attic. “Atreyyyyyyuuuuueeee!”

Even though the power was out, the cell towers continued to function perfectly, meaning we were in contact with all the staff, our family, and friends and -- I cannot stress this enough -- able to check on them. There was GREAT rejoicing when it was announced the hurricane had dropped down to a category 1 or less. It felt like our team had won the Superbowl (again?) The eye of the storm drifted east towards Lakeland, where AdventureQuest 3D artist Thyton lives. He and his sword and spartan shield defended his home (and probably did a better job weakening his home than the 50,000 people who joined the Facebook group to shoot at it. /facepalm. Hopefully most of them joined just to watch what happened).

Now, this is not our first hurricane, and if you’ve been through one too, the most dangerous part is not the storm itself, but what happens AFTER. There’s flooding, the sewer backs up, the roads are cut off because the trees and power lines (like when one too many creepers walked into your house in Minecraft). Then there’s the alligators. I’m not joking. They get confused and just walk everywhere.

I can’t even express the joy of opening the door and looking out at the sunlight in the morning. It was like that moment in the Matrix 3 where they jumped up over the clouds, except nobody got impaled afterwards.

I was able to get the generator back online, in addition to powering a fridge full of milk for my 1 year old daughter, I could sit at the counter on my laptop typing out the unfinished AdventureQuest 3D design notes and newsletters. AdventureQuest 3D artist Dage, built a fire to brew up some coffee and spent the day guarding the animals at his house (a zoo that includes a bearded iguana dragon and enough dogs to make a sled team). The smart thing to do immediately after a hurricane is… NOTHING. Not unless of course, you’re an official working on clearing the roads, restoring power, or in a real emergency.

While I always write in a tongue and cheek way, this was a terrible situation. We were lucky, but there are a lot of people who lost their homes, possessions, and lives. Our hearts go out to everyone who suffered loss from this Hurricane. And we celebrate the heroes who did whatever it took to keep people safe. One interesting story is my friend Hannah who saved a friend using Twitter.

4 million people across the state do not have power and Warlic, Dage, Faith, and I are a few of them. The Lab has power though. We got our video game studio back online and running. As I write this, the coders are working on the new class improvements for AdventureQuest 3D.

I was really impressed by how the team came together and helped each other and their neighbors to help each other through the storm while simultaneously getting their releases out on time. AdventureQuest Worlds had the climactic finale to their Shadow Dragon of Envy boss battle. DragonFable players returned to Swordhaven to save the Queen. The original AdventureQuest heroes began the new and improved quest for The Cure in Darkovia. Right now, HeroMart is shipping out all the latest orders and our player support team is going through the overwhelming number of messages from the last few days to help out everybody in need.

Thank you to all of you who sent us concerned messages on Twitter and Facebook-- even though the storm weakened by the time it hit us, the threat was very real and your kind words gave us a real life buff of strength. We are truly grateful for you and our amazing online community of gamers.

Join me tomorrow for some talk on the upcoming... Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    That is one of the reasons i love AE so much, the developers have this bond with the community. Really glad all them are alright, and looking forward to October that seems to be promising.

3. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just realized we're a little less than a month until the official release update.

4. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    They may postpone it but the next month will surely have cool events anyway, and they are still working on the classes so we may get something big soon.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Starting Tonight! --Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017
    Artix Krieger | Friday, September 15, 2017

[​IMG]
    Starting Tonight! -- Pirate Day Weekend!

Avast, ye' lilly livered land lubbers-- AdventureQuest 3D be celebrating its 1st ever Talk Like a Pirate Day. Raid a DC shop full o' booty to be walk'n the plank in style, har har.

What is Talk Like a Pirate Day?
    Shivery me timbers! Next Tuesday, September 19th, is the official International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Or "TLAPD" if ye be one'o dem abbrever-inating scallywags). It is a one-day holiday where we... well, me matey, the name pretty much sums it up. Created by John Baur & Mark Summers, we have been celebrating it every single year in our video games. Did you know the infamous Captain Rhubarb's arrived during our 1st Talk Like a Pirate Day in the original AdventureQuest?

[​IMG]

Captain Rhubarb's Pirate Shop
    Captain Rhubarb is visiting the town of Battleon for a short time. Talk to him and check out his shop full of cosmetic DC seasonal loot.

• Pirate Hook Hand - 250 DC
    • Eye patch - 100 DC
    • Pirate Hat & Eye patch - 100 DC
    • Pirate Anchor (Weapon) - 250 DC
    • Big Pirate Cutlass - 250 DC
    • Anchor on your Back - 500 DC
    • King's Cutlass - 250 DC
    • Pirate Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
    • Naval Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
    • Leather Pirate Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
    • Leather Pirate Hat - 100 DC
    • Leather Pirate Gloves - 150 DC
    • Leather Pirate Boots - 150 DC
    • Leather Pirate Belt - 100 DC
    • Naval Commander Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
    • Naval Commander Eye Patch - 100 DC
    • Naval Commander Hat - 100 DC
    • Naval Commander Gloves - 150 DC
    • Naval Commander Boots - 150 DC
    • Naval Commander Belt - 100 DC
    • Naval Commander Shoulders - 500 DC
    • Naval Commander Cutlass - 250 DC
    You can get pieces individually or...

[​IMG]

GET IT ALL! Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017
    Permanently unlock every item from the 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day Shop

Want to have every item? Want to have permanent access to every item year round without using up any of that precious bank space? Buy the "Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017" for 4,900 DC. This is a special quest item-- turn it in to Captain Rhubarb, and you will permanently unlock ALL of the items from the first ever AdventureQuest 3D Talk Like a Pirate Day. It will also give you a badge. The entire collection will be available to you through a shop which contains all the items for 0 gold (meaning you can freely get it, delete it, and get it again whenever you want.)

If ye purchase the Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017, ye can access it from Captain Rhubarb until he leaves or from Melodia in Yulgar's Inn at any time.

Kickstarter Alpha Pirate Bonus
    Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and Pirate Sword Back Item!

AdventureQuest 3D keeps getting better, and in our next major release we will have the new Warrior, Rogue, Mage, and Guardian classes. Once you fall in love with those, we will rapidly be releasing Dragonslayer, Paladin, Necromancer, Ninja, and... Alpha Pirate-- which will be our first ranged Pistol class. We really wanted to surprise you by having it ready for this event, but it will be worth the wait. So, for this special event, we put bonus gifts in your Alpha Pirate shop at the Founder's sanctuary to give you more pieces to your perma-rare set-- Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and a Pirate Sword Back Item!

How to Talk Like a Pirate
    Thee first thing ye need to know ‘bout becomin’ a pirate be crucial: ye gotta believe yer a pirate! If ye don’t truly believe ye be a Swashbuckler, then ain't nobody else gonna be fooled!

Best follow these steps below!

1. We pirates don’t be good at speakin’. We scowl a lot, and we like to mutter most o’ our words. Best get used to it, matey!
    2. Ye gotta run yer words together. Ye gotta slur. Don’t use no proper sentences, neither!
    3. If ye still have yer hands, use a motherload o’ gestures. Movin’ yer hands about when ye speak be key to a pirate’s life. It also be good fer ye circulation!
    4. Pirates be loud n’ lusty. Th' louder ye be, th' smart’r ye sound!
    5. Never say “you” or “your” unless ye wishes to walk thee plank! It be “ye” an’ “yer” in th' Pirate’s life! Savvy?
    6. Oh, and it be “me” and not no “mine”! Fer example, “that be me sword, ye no-good, two-toothed, thievin’ scallywag!”
    7. Drop th' “g” after words endin’ in “ing”. There be no need fer that “g” after many words, like goin’, and questin’, and fishin’, and swimmin’!
    8. Make up words if ye have to! We pirates don’t be minding a wee bit o’ hornswaggling!
    9. Never leave port without yer good luck charm, or there be mighty dire consequences! I never leaves home without me lucky skull beret!
    Pirate 101 - Use some swanky lingo
    • All hands on deck! – A cry that calls for immediate action.
    • Ahoy! – A general greeting, meaning "Hello!"
    • Arrr! – A pirate’s most commonly used word that has no solid definition.
    • Avast! – A cry that generally means “Stop and give attention.” Can also mean "Whoa!” or "Check it out" or "No way!"
    • Aye! - "Yes!"
    • Belay - To immediately cease or stop.
    • Booty - Anything of value that a pirate can plunder.
    • Cat’o’Nine Tails – A whip made up of nine knotted ropes.
    • Crow’s Nest – A lookout point at the top of the tallest mast on a ship.
    • Cutlass – A curved sword, favored by many sailors.
    • Davy Jones' Locker – Technically means the bottom of the sea. It is also where the souls of drowned pirates go.
    • Grog – A pirate’s beverage of choice.
    • Hoist the Colors! –To raise the Pirate flag before attacking.
    • Hearties –Shipmates and friends.
    • Hornswaggle—To cheat or to lie.
    • Lad—A name for a young gentleman.
    • Lass - A name for a young woman, usually more polite.
    • Lubber or landlubber—A name give to those who prefer land over the sea.
    • Motherload –A term for a very large amount of booty or treasure.
    • Salt or Old Salt—The name given to veteran Sailors. Also used to enhance the flavor of food.
    • Savvy – Meaning to understand or “okay”.
    • Smartly – To do or to perform something quickly.
    • Scurvy –A common condition of sailors who go too long without eating fruits and vegetables.
    • Shiver me timbers! –"Well, I'll be" or "What a surprise!"
    • Swag—The common term for riches and/or gold.
    • Walk the plank – To be forced to walk the length of a plank that has been placed over the side of a ship. The outcome is not promising.
    On behalf o’ th' Aaaaaaartix Entertainment crew, ye be ready fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Grab ye cutlass and ye hat, and don’t be forgettin’ yer lucky charm! At any time that ye be needin’ a quick reminder, come back ‘n get a refresher! Savvy, pirate?

Minatoevox likes this.
  6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    HighSeams (Artix forgot to put title to the page, so i put one here)
    Artix Krieger
    | Monday, September 18, 2017

Yo ho ho! We be fixing seams, re-adding loot chests back to dungons, throwing 250 keys yer way fer the trouble, the price O' dragons be raising, and it be time to announce the Friday the 13th event coming yer' way in fer our big anniversary in October, har har!

A SEAM-ple fix!
    Thank you to to everyone supporting the game by getting pirate gear for Talk Like a Pirate Day! --the official day is tomorrow and the team and I will be online hanging out and causing a little chaos :D Dage just finished re-painting the seams on all of the gear. This fixes the issue that you can see the seems when zoomed out. Ironically, we were always taught to color inside the lines.. but when it comes to texturing 3D models, I guess you have to paint a little outside the lines! While Dage was at it, he upgraded the artwork too-- love how he always goes above and beyond.

Making a Come Back! Dungeon Loot Chests
    You may remember that not long ago the code team put a week long halt on new content releases while they reworked the entire map system. As players, you would probably not notice anything different but it's a HUGE shift in how we made maps on the development end of things. We expected a few hiccups, and we found a few but they were all very small and easy to repair... until now.

Some of you have noticed that no matter how many times you run a dungeon, it's now impossible to find a chest. This is really not a huge deal unless you're one of the few hunting for those extremely hard-to-find dungeon items. After several reports of this, the issue was verified and the code team tracked the problem down to a small wrinkle that came in when the maps were all reworked.

Now that we know the problem, fixing it is possible but we currently have a new build submitted to the mobile platforms and awaiting approval. Once it is approved and goes live, the team will be able to post a patch that fixes this issue. When that happens, we will be giving everyone 250 free dungeon keys by way of apology for the time lost farming chests.

We expect the fix next week, between Sept 27 and Sept 29.

Elvenguard & Green Dragons - Last chance for discount!
    If you have not already gotten the new green dragon travel forms, you have until the server restarts today to get them before the price goes up to 1900 DC & 4500 DC, respectively.

UPDATE: The servers have been restarted and the prices have now changed! Yarrr!

Meanwhile, under the hood...
    We accidentally broke a bunch of maps this week-- the fix is coming shortly. A few of the new gameplay features for maps tried to sneak into the live game, even thought there are only half ready. If you are curious and want to know more details, they are new types interactive objects. If you are familiar with phasing in other games, this is sorta our version of it.

Anniversary Event - October, Friday the 13th
    Our 15th year anniversary is coming next month! This week we will officially be announcing what is coming with it-- if you have not already guessed. If you want to try to predict, you have just a few days to rummage around our Twitters for clues and spoilers.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Clawg Island - Surprise Release!
    Artix Krieger | Tuesday, September 19, 2017

[​IMG]

AHOY! All dressed up and no place to plunder? Har Har. Today being th' official Talk Like a Pirate Day and all, me crew worked through the night making a special map fer ye! We set sails for Clawg Island!

[​IMG]

SURPRISE! A Talk Like a Pirate Day Farming Map
    Th' island is barely the size o' me cook's bald spot, but rich in loot. Legend says it only shows up once a year-- and every swashbucking scourge of the 13 seas aims their bow there when it appears. If ye look at the island-- it be too straight. Think'n types be saying it might have been sum sorta sunken city. But shiver me timbers... if it were', was it home to whatever that golden skeleton was? ...before it was'nt.

[​IMG]

Craftable Booty
    Avast! You be finding Raspscallion & Scallawag (I be spelling it "Scallywag", but Cysero be getting his briches all in a bunch o'er it.) gear.

[​IMG]

2017 Pirate Collection Winners!
    Thank ye' all fer spreading the word! Me crew knows not every swashbuckler has the coins jingling in their pocket to afford Captain Rhubarb's entire 2017 Pirate Collector's Bounty. So it be warming our hearts to have run a contest that put 5... nay, 10-- aye, you be hearing me right TEN (one for each missing bit of Gaz, the shady black market sneevil in town who sorta be look'n like a pirate... times 2) swabs to win. Here be the list, congratulate the scurvy dogs should ye' be seein' them online.

Facebook Winners

1. Arim
    2. Saiai
    3. Fr0st
    4. Ojara
    5. Black Eagle - Already be having the bounty, so he be getting Artix's Golden Scythe and armor!
    Twitter Winners

1. Zinan
    2. Sskywalker
    3. Jebus Edrei - Already be having the bounty, so he be getting Artix's Golden Scythe and armor!
    4. Cercky
    5. Archer

[​IMG]

Krusty Klawg
    Only a fool would swing a cutlass at the King of Clawg Island alone. Me millennial crew got a big of the funny bone and took to call'n em "Krusty Klawg." But he'll be making Klawgy Patties of ye if ye dun be bringing 20 of yer closest friends to clobber 'em first!

[​IMG]

Enjoy yer' day Swashbucklers!
    Let is be known this adventure was was made in a single day...a surprise bonus 'case we be lov'n you. (Daa na na na naaaaa.... we're lov'n you.) We also stirred up a hornet's nest with our coders an testers with this little surprise, har har. So please be enjoy'n and dun judge too harshly or ye be walking the plank for an eternal night's rest in davy jone's locker, har... har...

Tips on how Talk Like a Pirate & more details

(edit: added 2017 Pirate Collection winners list)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Friday the 3D-th Special Event
    Artix Krieger | Friday, September 22, 2017

LIVE? HAH! WE ARE GOING UNDEAD!

This October, we (You, I, and the entire Artix Entertainment video game community) will be celebrating 15 years of epic weekly releases, crazy fantasy adventures, and pun-laced game-crafting with special Friday the 13th releases across our video games! Here in AdventureQuest 3D, we have a trilogy of dark releases starting with the grand opening of the darkest place of all-- and if you are smiling, you may have just revealed your fangs...

[​IMG]

DARKOVIA
    Vampires vs Werewolves

At long last, the Blood Moon shall rise... and only one faction can claim their ultimate destiny. Will you ally yourself with the Vampires or Werewolves? Or hunt them both with the Shadowstalker? Grab your blade or spellbook and prepare to journey to the darkest realm in our world's lore.

"The day before Saturday the 14th" - Aserithil
    "You can run... but you can't run!" - Envy.
    "WHO WON, WHO LOST, WE DECIDE" - Med Roy
    "A Flesh Update: We’re Going Live and You’re Going to Be Dead... from Excitement" - Dean Brandt
    "All Hallows Eve is Here So Have a Little Doom" - Blood Queen
    "A Dn to kill you-r curiosity" - Haziroth the Ghost

[​IMG]

Mogloween 2017
    In addition to the 3 Part Darkovia Saga, the Mogloween special event is being updated and we will once again come face to face with the Pumpkin Lord and Ghordthulu. Zhoom is working on a system to tag seasonal items-- so you can clearly prove that the seasonal items you got were 1st editions.

[​IMG]

Friday the 13th: Camp Gonnagetcha
    Shrade Returns... with his own zone

During our last Friday the 13th, our town was besieged by the undead and a machete wielding masked monster. Rumors are spreading that he was spotted at a camp at the lake. It is called "Camp Gonnagetcha" and the path there will open on Friday the 13th... what could possibly go wrong?

Replacing "LIVE" with an "UNDEAD" Release
    SPOILER: We are pushing back the live release until all features are 100% finished

We are making tremendous progress with AdventureQuest 3D-- especially obvious with how successful and loved the last several released have been. It was our intention to flip the "LIVE" switch on Friday the 13th-- which would have been the PERFECT 15th Anniversary event. We are sooooooo close, but we we do not want to go live without our missing features including PvP, Pets, All promised classes & several of the other high priority ones, perfectly working friend (and goto friend) system, side-kicking, and Daily Boss Fights/Rewards. We will get there, but it is with deep regret that I announce that the official release will not be next month. *moment of silence* Instead, we will "GO UNDEAD!" in a flurry of new dark and haunted features and content releases including our new base classes, Darkovia (Vampires vs Werewolf), Mogloween, and a new Friday the 13th area. The Dragon's of Ashfall Part 3 is being held hostage for release at the beginning of November, because its boss fight is the ONLY thing that will top the Vampire vs Werewolf event.

[​IMG]

"What is undead... can never die."

So.... Vampire or Werewolf?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Master Artix
    Cysero | Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Congratulations to Artix for passing his 4th Degree Black Belt Test and earning the title "Shihan"

I have known known Artix (real name: Adam Bohn) for nearly 12 years. We've been with each other through thick and thin. We've helped each other through break-ups, been on adventures, survived disasters and worked side by side to keep this game company alive. He's "Uncle Adam" (sometimes Uncle Artix) to my kids. I was a groomsman in his wedding and he was one in mine.

I'm lucky to consider him one of my closest and best friends. One of the main reasons that I consider him such a good friend is that I KNOW, without a doubt, that I can count on him. When he says something... he means it.

[​IMG]

Shortly after I met Adam, back when we were working on a new project called "DragonFable", he announced that he had begun training to become a 4th degree black belt in his Martial Arts. True to his word, this weekend he tested in front of a panel of Grand Masters, achieving his 4th degree Black Belt and the title "Shihan".

[​IMG]

Shihan Artix
    “Shihan (師範) is a Japanese term that is used in many Japanese martial arts as an honorific title for expert or senior instructors. It can be translated as "master instructor".

Following the test, our fearless Paladin was awarded the title of Shihan and a katana upon which his name and new title had been inscribed.

But this was no ordinary test...

The Path Of The Master
    During the 6 months prior to the test, Artix had been training intensely at the regular martial arts school classes, private lessons, secret training sessions with the other candidate for 4th degree, and physical conditioning by going with Zhoom to the gym for running and weight training. The test took place at a weekend long Krav Maga Camp-- and the day before the test, Artix and his fellow martial artists trained from 8:00 in the morning and kept training until 8:30 that night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The grueling test was a 3 hour long gauntlet designed to drive him to the very limits of his endurance and test his skills under the most severe conditions. The judges included the Master Instructor of his school as well as Grandmasters of Kenpo, Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do, and Filipino Arnis who has flown in from all over the country to judge this event.

[​IMG]

While the vast majority of the test was centered around Krav Maga which included combatives and hand to hand / knife / stick / rock / gun / defense, he also performed “Arete’” which is a kata created by his Master Instructor for his own 5th degree test. Upon finishing, Adam asked if he could do it one more time-- walked off the staged and returned with Sai, Nunchucku, and a Katana-- and surprised everyone by performing the same kata again, armed with traditional martial arts weapons (and he did it to the DragonFable song "Call of KathoolAtchoo" by Ghost.

[​IMG]

Shortly after the test I got some truly disturbing texts with pictures of his battered and bruised arms, chest, and face, still bleeding in places. Coming in Monday morning, he was sporting two black eyes... but I've rarely seen my friend look more proud.

[​IMG]

It's really inspiring to watch your friend achieve life-long goals and it's good to know that, with hard work, you really can accomplish anything that you set your mind to.

[​IMG]

This is a really big deal. If you want to join me in congratulating him on this stellar accomplishment, drop a "Gratz" on his Twitter or Facebook page!

[​IMG]

10. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    They should so make a katana etc drop

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Darkovia Concept Art
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Vant to sink your fangs into a vittle sneaky peeky Darkovia concept art?

"The night is dark and full of... vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, shadow creatures <list sorta goes on for a while>"

We have a trilogy of dark releases coming for you in AdventureQuest 3D this October. What better way to celebrate the 15th year anniversary of the Artix Entertainment community and video game studio-- which just happens to land smack dab on a Friday the 13th!? The sneak peak concept art below if for the highly anticipated Darkovia "Vampire vs Werewolf" saga. Llusion draws these concept sketches before he and Xero model and texture the terrain.

[​IMG]

The Vampire Castle
    Bloodfang Keep is the horrifying stronghold of the Darkovian vampires. It is massive, full of twisting coordinators, dungeons, and surprises. You can see the massive castle silhouetted by the moon from almost anywhere in Darkovia. But only the truly foolish would dare go there.

[​IMG]

Rumors indicate that the Castle itself is full of unspeakable horrors. While many have ventured into the castle and returned... none have ever returned alive.

[​IMG]

The Vampires are ruled by an immortal King. In addition to blood, the Vampires have a taste for culture, art, science, and magic. From the lowest ranking Ghoul to the high ranking Vampire Lords, you will find them intelligent and cunning.

[​IMG]

The war between the Vampires and Werewolves has rages off and on for many lifetimes under the eternal night of Darkovian skies.

[​IMG]

The Werewolves, known better as Lycans to the locals, are fierce warriors who never surrender. Unlike the Vampires, they unleash their inner primal beast to achieve victory. The Lycans constantly battle each other for position within their pack-- so you can only imagine how powerful their current Alpha must be to have remained the leader of the pack for so long.

[​IMG]

The Lycans gain their powers from the moon... and some outright worship it. Unlike the Vampires who sleep in coffins, the true Lycans prefer the informal comfort of their den.

[​IMG]

There are some pieces of concept art here that should never be discussed....

[​IMG]

Like this one.... of course, if you have been in other incarnations of our beloved world, perhaps you may have some insight onto why this place is so significant.

[​IMG]

Velcome to sunny the haunted forest of Darkovia, stranger!
    Outsiders who arrive in Darkovia will find themselves standing at the rot iron gates of Darkhurst. Why would anyone live in a town cursed by eternal night, wedged in the middle of two warring supernatural forces? YAHOO ANSWERS > BEST ANSWER: "Super low property taxes!" Visit Boog's tavern and have a fresh cup of... best just to drink it and not ask any questions. Questions like... who is that mysterious fellow in a dark leather longcoat weilding the stake and silver sword?

[​IMG]

Darkovia is releasing in October!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
  13. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Very nice concept, can't wait for werewolf vs vampire.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Pumpkin Spice Patch
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"Remember that time we broke a lot of stuff, then fixed it, and then gave you 250 Dungeon Keys? But you did not hear about it until over a week later because Artix was in some sort of weird week-long Vampire-like torpor slumber? This is THAT design notes!"

But first.... STORY TIME!
    Last week was CRAZY EXCITING-- on Monday, we a major Prime-Time TV Show asked if they could use AdventureQuest 3D in a scene. O_O WHAHAHAHAHAHAT!?!?!?!?! I am bound and gagged by an NDA, but we worked with them to get them everything they needed and it looks like it is happening. I will spill the beans the moment I am given a green light. THEN... Fox 13 News interviewed us on Friday. Probably the best interview on our real company culture ever filmed. It will likely be airing here in the Tampa Bay Area on the 11th, and also posted on their website so we can share it with you all! On a personal note (and possibly over sharing), I taught the Martial Arts class on Wednesday. I have taught classes on and off, but this was my first time teaching since earning my 4th degree in that brutal test. The class was equally brutal... a fellow blackbelt fractured their jaw during it O_O. A complete accident that happened during kicking drills. He is a big guy, and so tough that he never said anything and finished the class as normal. Much alter that night his wife coerced him to go to the hospital. He will be fine, but I think we have to declare that specific double kick I was teaching "cursed". It was the same one that resulted in one of the 3rd degree black belt candidates at the test having to finish his test with a massive patch over his right eye. Normally there is some moral or take-away to these stories... but this is pretty random shotgun story time. While you may see a great deal of excitment in my words, physically I have been pretty ill. My bruises are all healed, but I have had an exhaustion this past week unlike anything I have ever experienced. Do you know how I can tell when I am really sick vs just "eh sorta sick" -- Easy Test: I do not turn on my computer or play games if I am actually sick. (maybe this test works for you too?) I slept for nearly 38 hours this past weekend. Each day since I have been feeling better-- and that is good, because we have a lot of exciting things this October and it is time to start chain gunning Design Notes about them! Today we will catch up... tomorrow, the full release schedule for all our dark and mysterious Friday the 13th / Anniversary / Mogloween / October events!

AdventureQuest 1.5.6 is here! (and *coughs* has been for a week.)
    Just after our Pirate Island opened, we did a stealth AdventureQuest 3D game client update (which we should call 1.5.5 "Yarrrrrrrrrrr!") which updated EVERY SINGLE MAP IN THE GAME. For each and every person reading this thinking "Why do these guys update every single map so much?" we have at least one jar filled to the brim with the tears of our developers :( This was a big one-- we changed how machines and clickies worked so we can do cooler things with the quests, and made our map data sorta 4th dimensional (which will let us make a lot cooler maps for you, even if Doctor Who is the only one who really understands how it works.) The complexity of this update brought Space Troopers VII amount of bugs... breaking dungeon chests, dungeon levers, the Bait and Switch Quest, and more. So we fixed it and...

We gave you 250 Dungeon Keys! :D
    We would have given you more, but that was the max

In addition to the 250 Keys, you will also find:

• Bank quests fixed! (If you were stuck, you can now complete the quests)
    • Greenguard Secret shops fixed
    • Shops are now labeled
    • Bait and Switch Quest fixed
    • Mystics Cave fixed (The Mystic is no longer broken)
    • Adjusted monsters in the Void Hall
    • Shadowguard Forge Fixed
    • Updated Chest Spawns in Nighlight Crypt Dungeons
    If you look at the patch notes you may wonder... "Where are all the missing patch notes?" I asked Oishii and she replied, "Cause everything was crazy!", as she continued testing the new Warrior, Rogue, Mage, and Gaurdian classes. Which, I guess... is good enough for me!

Check back for more Design Notes "tomorrow-day"
    Topics we have to cover include the new classes which are in testing now, Friday the 13th, Darkovia, Mogloween, the 2018 Calendar, the 15h Anniversary line up, and the fact that the characters in that TV Show that I mentioned.... will be playing yet-to-be released Dragons of Ashfall: Part III BOSS FIGHT O_O

Battle on!

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    October Release Schedule!
    Artix Krieger | Thursday, October 5, 2017

"Darkness is coming..."
    Last Friday the 13th, a psychopathic knife wielding killer (and apparently a hockey fan) stalked our town. We brought an end to this mysterious figure's reign of terror! ...or so we thought. Rumors are spreading that he has been spotted at camp near *gulps* the lake.

Official October AdventureQuest 3D Release Schedule
    "Friday the 13th" - on Friday, October 13th, 2017
    A special thriller double release! The return of Mogloween and the grand opening of Camp Gonnagetcha which will feature our 1st ever WAR!

• Town of BattleOn decorated for Mogloween
      • The new town of Battleon goes dark-ish for the first time.
    • "Camp Gonnagetcha" opens to the public
      • We are putting the Campy back in the iconic "B-Horror" Camp experience
      • Join a cabin (side)... the Drickens or the Frogzards
      • Battle in our first ever FACTION WAR to unlock special rewards
    • Mogloween Returns
      The Pumpkin Spice is back! Updated with the new game features, the haunted house has been moved to its own new area.
      • The haunted house is now located in Mystcroft
      • Pumpkin Lord
      • Gordthulu Returns
      • All seasonal items have been tagged with the year they were obtained to prove you have a 1st edition.
      • Dage is working on a NEW Pumpkin Lord set!
    [​IMG]

"Darkovia Saga - Part 1" Mid October, 2017

The Vampires and Werewolves are locked in an all out war in the haunted forest of Darkovia-- a forest consumed by never-ending night. Travel to the town of Darkhurst. There you will meet a Shadowslayer who hunts these creatures. But can he protect the last remaining townfolk cowering in fear within Boog's tavern? Things may go a little different than you remember in this strange re-imagining of the original AdventureQuest "Vampire vs Werewolf" saga.

[​IMG]

"Combat Update: Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Guardian" October 23rd-ish, 2017
    Behold a new combat experience! We speed up the combat, made the attacks bigger, more fun, and each class now has an "Ultimate!" This will be a literally game changer-- and allow us to start releasing the other playable classes.

[​IMG]

"Darkovia - Part 2" October 30th-ish, 2017
    On all-Hallow's Eve, are you willing to stick your neck out for the people of Darkhurst and enter the Vampire King's Castle? Will you achieve your true quest there... or be seduced by the temptation of vampiric immortality?

Happening in our OTHER Games this October!
    AdventureQuest Worlds www.AQ.com
    9th Upholders have been given their rewards and Mogloween has already begun. Login and see the updated town.

• 10/9/2017 - 15th Year Anniversary "Friday the 13th - The Blood Moon"
    • 10/11/2017 - All players who have logged in recently get 500 free AdventureCoins to celebrate AQWorld's 9th birthday
    • 10/16/2017 - BOSS FIGHT! The Blood Moon's epic finale
    • 10/23/2017 - Secret storyline event.... smells like WAR
    • 10/30/2017 - 7 Dead Dragon's "The Dragon of Wrath" finale!
    DragonFable www.DragonFable.com
    DragonFable was the origin of so many of Mogloween lore.... this year, the team is bringing it all back and extending the story with a new 3 part saga.

• 10/2/2017 Loremaster Quest
    • 10/9/2017 Mogloween Returns!
    • 10/16/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 1
    • 10/23/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 2
    • 10/30/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 3 (Finale!)DragonFable www.DragonFable.com
      DragonFable was the origin of so many of Mogloween lore.... this year, the team is bringing it all back and extending the story with a new 3 part saga.
      • 10/2/2017 Loremaster Quest
      • 10/9/2017 Mogloween Returns!
      • 10/16/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 1
      • 10/23/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 2
      • 10/30/2017 Mogloween 2017 - Part 3 (Finale!)
    Original AdventureQuest www.Battleon.com
    DragonFable was the origin of so many of Mogloween lore.... this year, the team is bringing it all back and extending the story with a new 3 part saga

• 10/6 - Werewolves subrace part 2 + IMR Birthday weapon + Halloween Themed Limited-Time Shop update
    • 10/12 - AE 15th Anniversary and Thursday the 12th gear + Tom Petty Tribute + My Little Pony Pet + New Golden Giftboxes
    • 10/20- Vampires Subrace Part 1
    • 10/27- Vampires Subrace Part 2
    • 10/31- Mogloween War of the Fangs
    HeroMart www.HeroMart.com
    At the end of this month, our official online shop for our real-life game things will be releasing our new 2018 Calendar and new shirts (including 15th Anniversary, Camp Gonnagetcha, and Vamp vs Werewolf shirts.)

Celebrating 15 Years of Adventure and Quests!
    If you play one game or all, that is one heck of an impressive line up :D Not to mention the release of Artix's axe by Michael Cthulu, that AQ3D TV Show cameo, the news interview, and all of the weird bonus things we will be doing to celebrate with you this month. To make sure you do not miss anything... make sure your email is up to date in the account section and you have newsletters turned on. Also be sure you are following AdventureQuest 3D on Facebook, and my @ArtixKrieger Twitter!

Battle on!

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Live Release Pushback
    Artix Krieger | Tuesday, October 10, 2017

"LIVE" pushed back while "UNDEAD" releases take over
    We are pushing back the live release until all features are 100% finished

I have been reading posts on Twitter and Facebook that indicate not everyone caught the news, so this was worth re-posting.

We are making tremendous progress with AdventureQuest 3D-- especially obvious with the every improving quality of the several last releases. It was our intention to flip the "LIVE" switch on Friday the 13th-- which would have been the PERFECT 15th Anniversary event. We are sooooooo close, but we we do not want to go live without our missing features including PvP, Pets, All promised classes & several of the other high priority ones, perfectly working friend (and goto friend) system, side-kicking, and Daily Boss Fights/Rewards. We will get there, but it is with deep regret that I announce that the official release is being pushed back until "It is Ready-O'Clock."

GOING UNDEAD
    This entire month we are celebrating the 15 Year Anniversary of our online community and video games and if we cannot go live, then we will "GO UNDEAD!" We are launching a collection of new dark and haunted features and content releases including Friday the 13th (Camp Gonnagetcha), Mogloween, our New Base Classes, and the Darkovia Saga (Vampires vs Werewolf). The Dragon's of Ashfall Part 3 is being held hostage for release in November, because the DragonSlayer's volcanic boss fight is the ONLY thing that will top the Vampire vs Werewolf saga (and we might just be able to get Dragonslayer class out in time for the Boss Fight :D)

BONUS: What "Going Live" really means
    You may be asking yourself, "What is difference between the game now and being LIVE? I mean, you are constantly updating the game, adding features, and new content-- so what is so important about being live?" Good question! If you have played the previous two AdventureQuest games (both of them STILL updated every week... we probably hit some sort of world record this coming Friday), then you may never have noticed the difference. This is because we constantly update the games. In AdventureQuest 3D's case... it will be the moment on Steam that we leave "Early Access". This will introduce the game to a lot of new players who have not heard of it (or us) yet, and it is worth taking the time to make sure we make a good first impression. We will also start marketing the game-- sorta crazy to think over a million accounts have been created, even though we never put up a single ad-- yet. Because you participated in Open Beta, you will get a badge and items like the Beta Berserker and other beta-only items will go perma rare. From our perspective, we are (and have been) running the game as if it is already live. There will be no character wipes, you keep everything you have gotten. So we (you and I) should define going live as "we accomplished everything we initially promised and more" and then, we will continue building and growing AdventureQuest 3D's world-- and we should get it on consoles too. Battle on!

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Friday the 13th - Camp Gonnagetcha
    Artix Krieger | Tuesday, October 10, 2017

This Friday... Friday the 13th, at sundown.... our trilogy of dark releases begins!
    On Friday the 13th, a pathway opens to a place between worlds-- a B-horror camp that is haunted, overrun by the walking dead, and cursed by a machete wielding stalker. Welcome to Camp Gonnagetcha campers! Just remember the three rules. No kissy-kissy face, Stay off the Moglinberry Juice, and never... ever... never ever... say, "'ll be right back."

[​IMG]

WAR! Dricken House vs Frogzard House
    Which side will you be fighting for? Each Friday the 13th two unique factions fight through quests to prove they are the best. (Aye, they are going to change every Friday the 13th) Which means the winner side gets a PERMA RARE Back Flag. Also, www.HeroMart.com will be releasing some limited time Camp Gonnagetcha shirts.

[​IMG]

Which side will you join!?

Mogloween unlocks after the war hits 100%!
    No matter who hits 100% first... it will unlock this year's updated Mogloween. (Give us up to 24 hours after the war ends to restart the server to make it live.)

[​IMG]

New Mogloween Items
    Check the AQ3D.com homepage this week for updated information on all the new items coming this Mogloween. Like this new pumpkin set below... leaked on Dage's Twitter.

[​IMG]

When Friday the 13th and Mogloween collide!
    Are you ready? Mwahahahahahahaha. So one question: HOUSE DRICKEN or HOUSE FROGZARD?

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Tomorrow! Friday the 13th War
    Artix Krieger | Thursday, October 12, 2017

Will you fight for #FrogzardCabin or #DrickenCabin
    You are about to participate in our 1ST EVER WAR! Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, and at sundown, our trilogy of haunted events begins... starting with *gulps* "Camp Gonnagetcha." An all out war has erupted between the Frogzard and Dricken cabins. Choose a side and help them fill their war meter up to 100% before the other camp-- unlocking a perma rare back flag prize with the winning cabin's logo. PERMA RARE!? Yes... because unlike Shrade, cabins at Camp Gonnagetcha NEVER come back. *play scary music in your mind here accompanied by evil laugher* Also, reaching 100% will unlock Mogloween.

[​IMG]

"War, good god, what is it good for? Absolutely... PERMA-RARE PRIZES & MOGLOWEEN!"
    So how will this war work? Upon entering Camp Gonnagetcha you will notice two meters at the top of the screen. Veteran players of our previous games will quickly point out that these are war meters. When the event starts, they will be empty. Your mission? To fill up your sides war meter to 100% first! How? Collect and turn in War Badges to your side's camp councilor. These War Badges drop off of every monster around the camp.

• Fight for Frogzard Cabin or Dricken Cabin
    • Turn in War Badges to help your side fill up their meter
    • 1st Cabin that gets their meter to 100% wins!
    • A perma-rare item will be released with the winner side's logo-- everyone can get this for gold.
    • Mogloween will open!
    OH YEAH! Craftable Rewards
    So you want to be caught dead wearing some stylish Camp Gonnagetcha shorts armor? Maybe a badge sash, a official camping hat, or some super smexy high socks? Well, good news camper! Every time you turn in those War Badges for your side, you are going to get a crafting item to make them with! The Dricken and Frogzard cabins have a few different items... so you might want to check out what they have before joining up. Although, you could just go buy it from the enemy camp-- traitor >_<.

What if both sides hit 100% at the SAME TIME!?
    OK... it is technically possible that both sides might hit 100% at the exact same time. This is unbelievably unlikely. But if it were to happen, we would be forced to release both perma-rare items instead of one. The impact on our story line next Friday the 13th would be catastrophic.

[​IMG]

HE'S BACK!
    "Cht cht cht cht.... Hck hck hck hck...."

Ready for the sequel? Last we saw psychotic, monstrous, machete wielding hockey fan he brought an army of the dead to our home town of Battleon. Now he has been spotted creeping up behind unsuspecting campers at Camp Gonnagetcha. Only you can stop him.... probably. Perhaps clues scattered around the camp will reveal this mysterious figure's history. Much like his curse... many of his item drops are returning-- and a few BRAND NEW ones worth dying for.

Smokey the Octobear says, "Remember, only you can prevent B-horror franchises."

BONUS! Originally, Camp Gonnagetcha was intended to be strictly a war map with a side of Shrade pinata. But Cysero and I (Artix) wrote you a little Shrade cutscene filled story. If only you had seen the look on Dage's face when we asked him if he could make us a towel armor for it. Because... how could we do this without some sort of shower scene reference? O_O

Friday the 13th begins at sundown tomorrow...
    [​IMG]

19. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I wonder how long it'll take us to finish the war. I think it might reach 100% in less than a day

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    LIVE! Friday the 13th War & Mogloween
    Artix Krieger | Friday, October 13, 2017

[​IMG]
    LIVE! Friday the 13th War & Mogloween

“The smell of pumpkin spice and doom surrounds you.”
    Happy Friday the 13th! Log and join everyone in AdventureQuest 3D as we kick off our trilogy of dark releases. Starting with a thriller double feature!

[​IMG]
    Town has been redecorated for Mogloween and the haunted house is about to open-- right after one side wins our 1st head-to-head war in the grand opening of Camp Gonnagetcha! So… which side will you fight for?

[​IMG]

Camp Gonnagetcha
    We are putting the campy back in the iconic "B-Horror" Camp experience. Just remember the 3 simple rules for surviving a scary movie

• No kissy-kissy face
    • Stay off the Moglinberry Juice
    • NEVER… EVER… say “I’ll be right back.”
    [​IMG]

The Return of Shrade
    Everyone’s favorite psychopathic, machete wielding, hockey loving, epic-horror-loot-pinata is back for a sequel. He’s got new art and loot-- you better bring some tough friends.

[​IMG]

WAR! Dricken vs Frogzard Cabin
    Choose your side and become a part of AdventureQuest 3D history in our first two sided war! The first side to fill up their war meter in Camp Gonnagetcha will win, unlocking a Perma-rare black flag and opening the Haunted Mystcroft Manor for all players.

• Fight for Frogzard Cabin or Dricken Cabin
    • The memes on Twitter have been hilarious
    • Turn in war badges to help your side fill up their meter
    • New craftable item(s) unlock at 25%
    • New craftable armor(s) unlocks at 50%
    • 1st team to 100% wins
    • Mogloween’s Mystcroft Manor will open!
    [​IMG]

Mogloween’s Mystcroft Manor
    Mystcroft Manor is home to witches, ghosts, shadow trickers, Pumpkin Lords, and the Elder Grourd, Gourd’thulu.

[​IMG]

It now has its own map, and a new pumpkin armor set, which will unlock after the camp war has been won!

[​IMG]

Darkovia
    Coming next! The Vampires and Werewolves have locked fangs a bitter war over Darkovia-- a land consumed by eternal night. Can you save the small town caught between the ambitions of the Vampire King and Lycan Alpha? Things may go a little differently than you remembered in this re-imagining of the iconic AdventureQuest saga.

[​IMG]

T-Shirts at HeroMart.com
    Feel like taking this event a bit too far? For a VERY limited time, you can get Camp Gonnagetcha shirts from our online store, www.HeroMart.com . Says Camp Gonnagetcha with a “Hello! My name’s Shrade” name tag on the front, and your side’s team logo of your choice on the back.
    Get one while you can

NOTE: Stryche (who runs the shop) asked me to let you know he has been working on reducing shipping costs.

[​IMG]

Mogloween 2017 Collection
    Our 1st ever Mogloween collection features brand new items, armor, and two travel forms-- Skeleton and Lil’ Skelly! Both which run at 130% travel speed. Get the items separately, or get the ENTIRE Mogloween 2017 collection which includes a rare badge, permanent access to the items which frees up your inventory space, will save you a coffin-load of (30% off = Save 2,200 DCs), and you are directly supporting AQ3D’s ongoing development.

[​IMG]

Thank you & Happy 15th Anniversary
    Thank you for being an important part of our game world and making this game happen. This time of the year is so much fun! We hope you enjoy the lineup of dark releases we are making for you-- both here and across our other Artix Entertainment video games.

[​IMG]

Myx the cauldron is in town waiting to take you to the war. Wait… did you say you were fighting for the Dricken or Frogzard team? No matter-- when either side hits 100% and wins, the rusty iron gates to Mystcrot Manor will creak open and Mogloween will begin!

Battle on!
    Artix & the AdventureQuest 3D Team

P.S. Pssst... Guardians. We snuck a special Pumpkin Travel form into Mogloween release for you. We think it looks smashing.
    P.P.S. The new Warrior, Rogue, Mage, and Guardian may be going up for testing on the PTR next week