1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So the camp gonnagetcha war started this friday and I'm fighting for the ninja team. Most of the players are fighting for pirates which means that ninja is behind, by a lot. Even though I'm happy to represent the team:D. The new dungeon was ultra hard before they made it easier after some updates.

Aaddron likes this.
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  3. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Life is great currently. Everything is going well on the new job and I'm enjoying myself.

I'm happy to be where I'm now, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to settle. Always trying to improve and do better:). It sure is exciting to see what the future brings us.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Tomorrow the Switch Lite launches as well as The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Untitled Goose Game. Personally I feel like Zelda is a bit overpriced for what it is but being a remake of the original we already know it's a good game. Untitled Goose Game is a quirky indie game... hence the odd title but it looks pretty cool, it'll have a $5 discount for launch week so you can pick it up for $15.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening has gotten great reviews, currently sitting at 88 on opencritic. However it is noted the game does have some performance issues and some players really don't like the weird blur effect around the edge of the screen. Untitled Goose Game, is sitting at 77, the main complaint I see is it's really short at only 3 hours or so long, with only 4 maps. Kinda steep for $20 imo but it's tough being an indie dev too.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Wanna take a moment to bring some attention to Cat Quest 2! It'll be launching on Steam, Sept. 24th! It's out now on iOS via the new Apple Arcade. Will be coming to Switch, Xbox One and PS4 "very soon". Cat Quest was a fantastic little indie action RPG an Cat Quest 2 looks to be building on it in every way, including co-op! Definitely don't sleep on it.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Making decent progress in Fire Emblem Three Houses again, I've kinda stumbled with it because it's quite long but starting to get back into it. Also planning on picking up Dragon Quest 11 S in two days. Next month I'm looking forward to The Outer Worlds and possibly Luigi's Mansion 3. Also possibly looking forward to Children of Morta, not completely sold on it but the trailer was really interesting.

In other news, Civilization 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on November 22nd! Game will be $60 and the two expansions will be packaged for an addition $50... so quite pricey. Switch already has Civilization 6 but it will also get the expansions in November.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finished Steins; Gate recently, what a fascinating anime. The time stuff was really neat. Might be one of my favorites so far. I did end up getting Dragon Quest 11 S, it was really cool it picked right up from where I was in the very very generous demo. Not sure I really care for the 2D mode much, it's neat they did it but I wish it would've been a little bit more modern 2D UI wise. The bigger issue though is it lacks an option to turn on voice acting, which is weird since it's all the same lines. *shrug*

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Watched a fairly interesting F1 race today, the Ferrari drama is great. I mean I'd prefer they win but the karma today was great. Though they really need to fix VC rules.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Picked up GRID Autosport on Switch. I like that it has a 60FPS performance mode and a 30FPS graphics mode... but I don't like that the "graphics" mode seems extra smeary and to me the 30FPS feels awful, maybe bad pacing. The 60FPS mode isn't perfect either, it's definitely not a locked 60, the hitches and micro stutters are kind of annoying. Honestly I was expecting better performance.

Visually, when docked I can't say the game really looks all that great either... looked a lot better in the screenshots, however on the handheld screen the game actually looks really nice. Overall it's a decent port and still the best "realistic" racing game on Switch but it's far from perfect. I should also note the Switch's lack of analog triggers isn't great at all but GRID Autosport is forgiving enough that it's not a major deal, can also use the right analog stick if you can get use to that.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced for PC today. Launching Nov. 5th on most PC platforms except Steam, the Steam version won't be out until December. I played RDR2 on Xbox last year and it was really amazing, enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to see the graphical improvements they've made for PC. The new content better make it's way to consoles though...

Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC November 5th - Rockstar Games

Ylber likes this.
  20. Aaddron

Credit: