1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Been playing around with Shadow PC. It's a cloud pc service aimed at gaming. The latency and video quality is good. The hardware isn't too bad but not exactly great either. You get part of a Intel Xeon, I believe it comes out to 4 cores. The GPU is a quadro P5000 from Nvidia. Basically in-between a GTX 1070 and 1080. An the system has 12GB of ram. Storage is NVME I think.

They have two higher tiers, one with a 2080 equivalent and one with a RTX Titan. These come an go out of pre-order, they are pretty rare atm. They also are a lot more than the base tier. Personally I think they are too expensive to be worth doing.

Anyways I've been impressed with the performance. It's gonna be different for everyone but for me the latency is great, the video quality is solid at lower bit-rates an pretty sharp if you can max it out. I've had no real issues using it as a PC or gaming. I think it's an interesting take on cloud gaming.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Nvidia is rumored to be in serious talks to buy ARM. I’m not familiar with why they’d do this or what it’d ultimately mean for Nvidia an ARM chips going forward but it’s interesting news. I’d assume they are interested in it for their AI work, maybe having control an deeper access can help them? I dunno.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Google has finally announced the event for Pixel 4a, August 3rd! Shouldn’t be any real surprises, the specs leaked a long time ago an the phone itself has made it out into the wild too. But it’ll be good to finally see it all confirmed.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Halo Infinite delayed to 2021! Wow! It got A LOT of criticism after the Xbox Showcase, this game has been in development for a long time now an was suppose to be Xbox’s crown jewel launch title. An well given the lineup, the only real first party game to look forward too. They must be having real issues if they delayed it. I hope the game is ultimately good.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    I’ve been doing these puzzles at The Art of Puzzles - Grandmaster Puzzles I don’t know the exact schedule but they seem to post one a day. They are a pretty fun way to kill the time an it’s free.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    I’ve finally completed another region in Snowrunner. It was a lot of work but it’s done, now I just have Russia. Which is much harder yet. I did skip some side quests an plan to go back but I really needed to get out of the snow region... I wanted more colors in my world lol. This game has been great value for me an I look forward to the rest of the DLC.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Playing the Marvel Avengers Beta a bit an I think if they would’ve just took more of a Marvel Ultimate Alliance approach, it’d be so much better. It’s odd because it’s already in the game an in them moments It’s like a modern MUA but them sections were tiny an had so many other things thrown on top an around them, I don’t know. I think they missed the mark here. Trying to do too much an it’s hurting the game.

On the performance side, the graphics really aren’t that great an on PC it’s optimized horribly. Even top PCs are having issues. Lip sync for voiceovers seemed a bit out of sync. The menus are awful too imo. To me this game doesn’t feel ready an I’d love to say that’s fine because this is a beta BUT the game comes out in two weeks lol, it’s not fine at all. It’s gonna be a janky game at launch an maybe they fix it, maybe they don’t but it’s definitely gonna be yet another janky, fix it later, game release.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    AMD Ryzen Event on Oct. 8th at noon Eastern. The event will be about Ryzen gen 3. No GPU news should be at this event as a GPU specific event is scheduled for Oct. 28th.

https://www.amd.com/en/events/gaming-2020

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sony put out a PS5 teardown today! They’ve clearly put a lot of thought into the system an it really seems they heard everyone an are going for a quiet system. The fan is custom an huge! The heatsink is absolutely massive! An they are using liquid metal instead of traditional thermal paste. This thing should be quiet.

Honestly it’s looking like better cooling than the Series X. It reminds me a lot of the OG Xbox One, an them things are generally still quiet to this day. Tho PS5 will have a ton more heat to deal with.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    7 days to the AMD Big Navi event. AMD's answer to Nvidia's RTX 30XX series GPUs. The rumors are looking good but who knows. Hopefully they are competitive both on performance an price tho.

20. Aaddron

Credit: