1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Lots going on end of this month, of course we got Switch coming March 3rd but end of Feb is packed. Mobile World Congress happening, tons of new phone announcements are expected. On the 28th AMD and Nvidia both have press conferences set. AMD will likely be launching their new CPU line Ryzen and possibly announcing the next GPU lineup Vega too. Nvidia is rumored to be countering this with a GTX 1080 ti announcement and possibly other stuff... maybe a new shield tablet or fabled Shield Portable 2. This should all make for a crazy week of tech news.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Less than two weeks now, hype hype hype! This is when the days start getting long and start avoiding gaming sites encase of spoilers. Don't read comments especially, people love to drop spoilers in completely unrelated comment sections... it's so rude. So far the game hasn't leaked but it's very likely to happen as we get closer to launch, it helps that Switch isn't out yet but Zelda can still leak on Wii U and spoilers can always get out.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Cleaned up my PC this weekend, it got slower... go figure. Tried to catch up on the latest security info, I've been running Bitdefender for a bit now and I'm really liking it. Got the paid version at a discount, always look for a discount, even clicking on a google ad to get to their website can get you 30% or more off, pretty stupid you wouldn't get that otherwise if you don't click it but that's the game I guess. It's a really hands off antivirus, set it and forget it. Never bothers me. Though for a paid antivirus it's kinda lacking in overall features imo.

The free version is really bare but it's detection is right up with the paid one. It lacks advanced features but would be a good one to drop on someones PC that A. doesn't wanna pay and B. you know isn't gonna run it.

In addition to that I run Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro every once and a while. These two are extremely effective and honestly I'd advise anyone run them no matter what security they use, they make great second opinions. They aren't meant to be the front line though and will fail miserably at doing that.

One last thing I'd note, I remember learning this before but completely forgot. Avast owns AVG now... bought them last year. So two of the biggest free antivirus that are supposedly competitors still today, are actually under the same roof.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Halo Wars 2 has not really gotten major coverage... IGN hasn't even reviewed it yet and they aren't the only one. Kinda crazy for a first party exclusive from a big IP and not really a good sign for the RTS genre. Guess we'll see how sales go.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ryzen is now up for pre-order! Shipping March 2nd. Which pretty much means AMD's feb. 28th event will feature Vega in some way... possibly even a full announcement. On Nvidia's side, their event is now teasing GTX 1080 Ti. Not much else is known at this time but exciting times in the PC hardware scene.

Ryzen's launch lineup mostly focuses on the highend, here is the full lineup:
    • Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T, 3.6 GHz base, 4.0 GHz turbo, 95W, $499
    • Ryzen 7 1700X: 8C/16T, 3.4 GHz base, 3.8 GHz turbo, 95W, $399
    • Ryzen 7 1700: 8C/16T, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz turbo, $329
    AMD's cherry picked multi thread benchmarks to showcase it's performance to Intel... we'll have to wait for release to see where they really stack up but in AMD's test 1800X matches i7 6900k in single thread performance and beats it +9% in multi thread. 1800X at this time is half the cost of the 6900k. 1700X beats out a i7 6800k that sits around the same price by 39% in multi thread. An 4% higher than the i7 6900k in the same test.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Trade deadline has come and gone, no trades for my team. :( They did win today however so at least that's something. Tomorrow will be one week to Switch! Super excited and ready to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Plan on getting the Wii U version as well encase others in the house wanna play too, plus it's the crown jewel of a Wii U collection.

Next up is MWC! Bring on the phone and device announcements!

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    This time next week will hopefully have a Switch in my hands! Hype! Now to avoid all the spoilers... previews are everywhere with the Zelda preview embargo lifting, no one can legally show everything yet but bounds to be leaks and frankly I don't wanna know anything anyways.

Mass Effect Andromeda has gotten a few awesome and large gameplay previews. The game is looking really good. In other related news though one of their game devs is a racist! Dunno if I want the game now, really ridiculous and hear it's actually part of the culture at BioWare... lame.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Officially under a week now! Breath of the Wild is getting good previews across the board... or so I've accidentally seen. Been trying to keep up with news of the joy-con connection issue and that always leads to headlines being seen. Exciting times.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Rivam

Rivam Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I like to play Left 4 Dead 2, but there are so many toxic players and they make game boring to play...

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Switches should be shipping out in the next two days! Will be a great relief to finally see it shipped... until then it's still kinda pins and needles. Someone got sold a Breath of the Wild Wii U copy early and it's looking really good. They confirmed no tablet functionality though. Off-TV play is a go but otherwise it's on and just displays you can play off-tv if you wish... which kinda sucks, would rather it could be turned off if it's not used at all. Pro Controller is in, which we already knew but was nice to see confirmed.

Overall the hype is real. Few more days now!

20. Aaddron

Credit: