1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Did you kill the ender dragon?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by kiritos2k, Jun 2, 2017.

1. It's a nightmare to deal with in the overworld, because it can destroy blocks. More destructive than any other mob, especially more destructive than the Wither. I've done crazy things before like spawn Ender Dragons from a repeater command block and the dragon just gets rid of everything; if you don't want your map to be ruined, create a backup of the map or just don't spawn the Ender Dragon in the overworld.

In the End, the dragon isn't as bad, but I still consider it to be the most powerful mob in the game. If we're talking more generalized, with Minecraft mods, plugins, and other creative things, you could make something more powerful than the Ender Dragon, but it wouldn't really be official. I've seen custom mobs that are more powerful than the Ender Dragon.

2. Carl2020

Carl2020 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    nope, i didn't, I'm too lazy for that, In minecraft i was always making farm and digging in mine + making some nice house under water for example and im done with this game for next 10 months~ because im bored xD

3. Randy1987

Randy1987 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Me and my friend kill it but its very hard, you know like we really did everything to kill it as an achievement

4. Depends on the strategy, but I will say that it has become harder since they updated crystals to be caged. Back then, the strategy was to craft a bunch of beds and blow them up in whenever the dragon came close to you (and also bring a bucket of water in case you catch on fire from the explosion). The Ender Dragon would take a lot of damage from that, and it was pretty much how people did speedruns of the game.

5. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I haven't tried it in hardcore or survival mode, I only succeeded in creative mode :D :) :D

6. The bed strategy still works, but it's only good when the Ender Dragon decides to perch. But you have to destroy the End crystals first so that the Ender Dragon doesn't regenerate when it decides to flee; otherwise, the strategy isn't worth it and I don't think it's a good strategy anymore.

I think the best strategy is to craft a bunch of arrows and at minimum have diamond gear. Netherite is a plus, and it's probably better to attack the dragon during it's perch phase with a Sharpness IV-V Netherite Sword than with an exploding bed. And when destroying crystals, there's usually a gap where you can shoot arrows to reach the crystals. Defeating the Ender Dragon isn't really as difficult as it sounds.