1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

GameOgre.com Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Here are the rules for the various areas of the forum.

General
    • No spamming.
    • No spamming of likes.
    • No flaming.
    • No obscene language or pictures.
    • No multiple accounts.
    • No lurking just for points.
    • No linking to spam sites/virus sites.
    • No pirated software, cracked versions, or torrent links, etc.
    • No referral links.
    • No private servers.
    • No buying or selling game accounts (unless the game permits it).
    • No farewell/leaving or similar threads.
    • Do not mention other MMO sites.
    • Do not share your account info.
    • No extra comments in Giveaway or Event threads.
    • Do not ask for keys, codes, or game cards in chat.
    • No blowups in chat.
    • Don't double post in threads, use the edit button.
    • Don't comment someone is breaking the rules, just report the post.
    • English Only on the public forums, this includes Chat, Visitor Messages and Blogs. Use PMs if you wanna speak another Language.
    • Do not beg for donations of credits.
    • PMs with the staff should be respectful.
    • Do not leave negative comments or announce non-participation in Events, Tournaments, Contests or features run by the staff or another forum member.
    Levels of Punishment

Levels of Punishment

Content Copying

Nobody should copy other sites or even reviews/posts here and claim them as their own. This is already a rule that is mention in our general forum and every Event thread, but it bares repeating. This is quite possibly one of the most miserable issues to take care of on the entire site. Not only does it cost a lot of time, the one who does it usually acts bad when caught. Most get a warning, but the best thing is to stop immediately and move on while continue to focus on participating in the community:).

New Members Posting Links

In order to combat spam better, we now require all members to have at least 5 regular posts before posting a link. Staffs, developers, and admins of games who want to discuss their games can still do so, but will not be able to post links until they have at least 5 posts.

Besides fighting spam, this should also encourage game staffs to be a part of our community before posting a link. Posting a link and then leaving will not help your game as much as being part of the GameOgre community anyway.

Forum Points Giveaways

Giving away anything besides experience points will be cancelled. Here are a few instances where you can expect the giveaways to be canceled if they are noticed.
    • Giveaways using multiple accounts.
    • Giveaways using anything besides experience (forum) points.
    • Giving away points if deciding to quit for what ever reason.
    • Giveaways to new members for no reason.
    Giveaways should be trades, help, trivia etc. Even borrowing is possible if the two parties are fully responsible for it.

New Members Signatures

Signatures are limited to text by default, in order to add links and images to your signature you must become a Ogre Regular.

At 200 Posts you are eligible to become a Ogre Regular. Simply post in the Become a Ogre Regular thread (in this very section!) and you'll be added as soon as possible.

Giveaways and Events

Do not post in contest or giveaway threads unless you are participating.
    • Please do not post more than once in any given Giveaway Thread
    • Only one code will be given per-person, please do not ask for a second one
    • Please do not use multiple accounts
    • Please do not ask for a code in Chat
    • Please do not PM anyone asking for a code
    • Do not announce that you will not be participating in an Event or withdrawing for any reason.
    • Please do not ask for codes via visitor messages
    • Basically please keep all code requests in their respective Giveaway Threads
    • Please be patient, we work as fast as we can
    • Codes will not be sent via email.
    Reviews

Do not copy and past content from other sites, articles and reviews.

Chat
    • Do not post personal info.
    • Do not spam.
    • Do not ask about codes or giveaways in chat. Send a PM instead.
    • No referral links. Chat is part of the forum.
    1. Must have at least 15 posts to chat.

2. No blowups in chat. Anybody doing this in any language for whatever reason can be moderated and then clubbed.

3. Not going to answer questions about somebody else being clubbed or put in the Pit in chat. If somebody happens to get clubbed in chat for not following the rules and you have a question about it, PM me.

4. No shop questions or comments in chat. Again, please PM me instead. This goes especially for new or very inactive members because it has been abused and the shop is meant for active members only. If the case is too extreme, a clubbing can be called for. In other words, if you have not posted in years please do not go in chat and complain about not having any money for the shop lol.

5. Have fun with the community. That is what chat is meant for:).

Forum Games

1) If you are unfamiliar with a game, read the rules. We are starting to have all sorts of different forum games around here and I'm sure most new members will not be up to speed on the rules for every single one of them. The first thread of each game will have (or at least should, if it doesn't tell me) the rules to that game in it. Simply read these rules and follow them and you'll be fine, plus you'll be able to enjoy the game more.

2) Keep all posts family-friendly. Yeah some of these games allow for a bit of... creativity to say the least. However, we've got people ranging from all different age groups on these boards and no one wants to see a bunch of those "potty words" or "naughty pictures". I'll be honest with all you people, I really don't care if there's a curse or something slightly "suggestive" every now and then but don't be posting ****ography (hope that word isn't filtered) or using the F-Bomb in every other post. Just don't do it or I'll bring out the ban-hammer. Actually I don't have the power to ban people but I can still bring out the edit-hammer!

3) Don't spam! I realize that a lot of posting can be done in this section, but that doesn't mean that you have to spam. It's not funny, it's not cool, and the only thing that it results in is a bunch of angry members. Plus it makes me mad. And you don't want that. Now some people are confused as to what spam is. I will give you my definition of spam and what I don't want done in here. Spamming (to me) is-

*Double-posting. If there's a game that you really like it's okay to bump it in an attempt to revive it. But don't make a post and then a day or two later go back and make another post in there. A two-day old thread is not "outdated". Double posts will be edited with a note from me.

*Posting things that don't have to do with the thread. This is simple and self-explanatory.

Trade Forum
    • NO problematic, harassment, fighting, rude, spamming, flaming or insulting posts!
    • All thread made here are at your own risk!
    • The transactions in this forum are not sponsored, supported or guaranteed by GameOgre.com!
    • Take caution and sound judgment when entering into any transaction, watch out as you can be fooled, cheated and/or scammed!
    • The moderating/administrative team do not provide support or assistance in resolving disputes, about transactions!
    • GameOgre.com reserves the right to modify or delete any posting, profile, or signature for any reason, without prior notification or explanation.
    • Please help the moderating team by reporting posts that violating rules.

No matter where you are on our Forums, if you see or think someone is breaking any of these rules please do not confront them. Please just report them to Ogreman or one of the Moderators. Thank you :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, and you can add some as well. Apparently, we had rules spread over different areas of the forum instead of one central place.

AleksandarJ2003 likes this.
  4. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    -isn't is a general "rule" that you don't post twice in a row?

err for forum games anyway. Don't know if that applies in other forums but I don't like it in rs trivia unless it is the other person's thread. often I will just combine the posts =p. or if its mine and i have no control in that area. delete 1 post. copy what i had, and add it to my previous post.

-what about no real life threats? =o i dunno if that could be really considered one though....

"im going to kill you" or "you should die" can always be taken sarcastically.....(needs more consideration/thought into it)

-No linking to spam sites/virus sites.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  5. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Yea no double posting? Idk if its only in forum games though

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, we can have rules for different sections and list them all here. That should make it easier for people to point to the rules:).

7. Double Negatives

Double Negatives Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    No trolling? Or are trolls and ogres related. XP

8. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    why you think i here... also i was wondering if you were going to do anything about the sexybabes social group. cause weneva i go on groups it just pops right out at me and i a m like:thumbsdown:

9. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Its not ****agraphic So its not against the rules :l

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Forum game rules have been added from that forum.

11. Sail338

Sail338 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    No Lying to ogre that U have bought a game card when U actually have not
    :p

12. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Im sure he would know about that though wouldn't he?

13. Drama

Credit:
    ah another forum game rule would be strictly for the number games (count up and down)

-no using a program to generate the numbers to cheat. All numbers should be typed by you.

14. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    lol,how do we know if someone is?

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    You have to buy a card in the shop before you PM me:). I then check the transaction log before giving out the code.

16. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    I guess it doesn't matter if its small numbers but if its like 100 then its obvious..kinda
    in the old count to w.e quinn cheated xD

17. Drama

Credit:
    yea....quinn cheated once and we had someone cheat recently because they used a microsoft program and copy pasted. it was obvious because it had periods after ea #

18. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :eek:Forum games don't need cheating.

19. Drama

Credit:
    ah! here is a really important one!

no buying or selling accounts (unless the game permits it)

20. Sail338

Sail338 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    hmm maybenif what they type is similar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.