1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Should Flying be implemented on AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Mayonnaise, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    But does it necessarily mean it's a good idea, just because a few people would probably use it? Not really. An overwhelming majority of players don't use the Travel Crystal that's stuck to their inventory, and that really does say something about how pointless the crystal is. It's like asking AE to add some pointless feature that only a few people will ever use, and there are a lot of bad suggestions from players. There's really no benefit whatsoever. And I'd rather not see more teleportation items that only have one primary use. They could do something better like what they did for Crimson Staff of the Abyss... have a weapon that has stats that you can actually use in battle, but give it a secondary effect like opening access to an area. There aren't really a lot of useful items that do that, and that's something that would definitely make exploration unique.

Xctroy likes this.
  2. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I personally strongly feel flying shouldnt be implemented and it would only ruin the charm of the game. At this point cosmetics like wings have been introduced and it would be cool if they added double jump or some other basic feature to such cosmetics.
    Also like snowy mentions above i would rather see useful craftable items with cool secondary features than a direct flying feature.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    How would AE make Travel Crystal more useful then? Add a secondary function to it? I agree that we don't have many multi-purpose items and there definitely should be more of them.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Simply let the Travel Menu replace the Travel Crystal or integrate a location-assignable "quick travel" button in the Travel Menu while keeping the other navigation options. There's not much else that can be done to make Travel Crystals more useful, mainly because we already have the Travel Menu which is already useful. If they really want to keep the "crystal" idea, then maybe they should create useful items, like crystal weapons that have multifaceted uses, for appearance, for actual stats, AND for quick travel. For instance, maybe have a crystallized dragon lance for Ashfall, a crystal-pronged trident for Lolosia, a magical crystal staff for Arcangrove, and so on, and they all have uses in battle and also for traveling to their respective area. And maybe even as a bonus, give additional effects to the weapons (like 10% more damage to dragon monsters for using a crystallized dragon lance). These would be items well-worthy of being earnable in some post-game (because of their multiple uses), rather than some of the pathetic end-game items that we've been getting, which usually never lasts long since items with better stats tend to show up in the next saga.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Something that actually matters and gives you good benefits? I am all up for that, but is AE up for that? There has been talk in AQ3D PTR discord server about giving equipment more than just stats what we have now and I can see something like this happen someday. A weapon with a teleport function does sound cool and it would be cool that it had an actual animation attached to it too to represent that function.