1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What Thing You Don't Like in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, Apr 29, 2017.

1. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I like the mechanics that allow you to play on a phone with a person playing on your computer this is a very incredible differential of the various games that migrated to mobile platform.

I do not like the constant insistence of developers to force players to make items for cosmetic craft, rarely appears item with stats.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's easier to just making items cosmetics compared to ones with stats. I hope we get some items with stats when the next release comes out.

Tanned and The Redael like this.
  3. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I am enjoying these musical events that are taking place recently, a different from other games on the market today, I like the unique look of each map.

What I really don't like is having to download each map cache every time the game applies a new update, I play it on my phone and it's very annoying to have to wait to download the map before getting into it.

4. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I agree to you mate and because of it my game is not working good now :( idk why but my network is good when im browsing doing facebook/twitter/discord/google crome ect. But when in game ile log in fast then when i enter in game i cant even do a hit and everyone is just a wisp and my crosskill is not active then i will disconected it happens last week then i fix it by uninstalling the game and the AE update an stupif thing now again just for nothing then it happens again and now i cant play really well :( i dont want to clear cache my game or uninstall it again cuz my data internet well be cost it data a lot and i dont have any money now to buy a load :(

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's a more problematic thing to mobile phones and tables because it uses data and that can become expensive depending on your data plan.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think there could be some improvements with how the game loads things. For instance, when the game loads, it has to load the sound and music even though I have sound and music turned off in my Settings, and I don't plan on using those features. I guess the game has to load them in case the players want to turn them on at some point, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. What would make sense is if the game didn't load music and sound, if you have the feature toggled off, and will only load them, when you turn the toggle on (and enter a new map, so the game can reload everything).

Also speaking about sound and music, I think if they used a MIDI file instead of an MP3 file or any other format, they would probably save a lot of load time. I don't know if they use MIDI files for certain areas, but you can produce a lot with MIDI (and a sound font).

Anyway, as for the musical events, they're too much of a grind fest, especially since they're just temporary events. And the second concert is just a skeleton of the first concert, just filled with different eye candy (different monsters, NPCs, music), so the gameplay isn't really that different. I'd hope they do something completely different, if they added a third concert, but I doubt it since it's easier to reuse things than to create new things.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Tanned likes this.
  7. Tanned

Tanned Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I also have the sound features off, it would be much more useful if players could choose if they want to download the sound upgrades, except for show events where it's kind of "mandatory" the sound feature.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Nah, I'd rather not have it "mandatory" at times, even for things like events. I'd rather have my in-game music and sound settings turned off all the time, so I can multitask (like watch videos, listen to other things, or partly focus on something else) instead of putting all my attention to one task (especially if that one task encompasses grinding). Having options is generally better than being forced through something. And even numerous players have turned off sound and music during the recent music concert... after hearing the music over and over again while grinding, it becomes repetitive that you'll likely want to listen to something else anyway.

I think the worse mandatory sound to listen to was the creaking sound during Mogloween. I think they expanded the music/sound options that we can finally turn off the creaking noise. Of course you can turn off sound for certain applications via Window's Volume Mixer.

9. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    For ever since i play aq3d in any devices i always turn off my sound setting cuz its really annoying to hear backround music but im using sometimes my sounds only not the music one its good that they put in setting those thing that we can choose our side where are we comfortable but i thin in conserts its good to turnon the music to listen in game backround music while playing cuz for me its pretty relaxing when im playing while listening and its up to everyone what their sides thats why AE put s setting to use so we can play comfortable! Battleon:)

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would turn on sound, if there was a good reason to... like maybe if there was a sort of useful indicator (sound queue) for when a boss spawns, especially a timed boss.

In a way, you can use sound to know when a boss is around (because you can hear players attacking a boss, when it spawns)... though it's difficult sometimes, because players could be fighting a regular monster or perhaps your distance away from the boss could make it hard to hear someone attacking the boss. But if there was a better sound queue, I would definitely use that to my advantage... then I could minimize the game and focus on other things and start focusing on the game when a boss spawns.

There's so much that could be improved/utilized with sound. If they ever create another 'puzzle' dungeon, they could create puzzles that take advantage of sound.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AQ3D doesn't really have sounds that play when a boss spawns but that would be cool to have, a short sound to indicate that a boss spawned.

hfi likes this.
  12. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Bug, everytime we have update. Nothing beat it and it will always be there.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There are always going to be some and AE really can't exterminate all of them. They do even say that AQ3D comes complimentary bugs in one of the loading tips.

hfi likes this.
  14. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yes bro but they doing everything that they can to fix all the problems when their updating aq3d and i agree to @Heromanguy12 he has a point about it!

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I do believe a lot of bugs could be mitigated with more flexible release dates (instead of scheduled weekly releases), and especially more testing. A lot of times, the issues aren't exactly "bugs", but just things that don't feel right, and that could be anything from poor balance to small oversights to incorrect model appearance to wonky gameplay to just about anything. And those are usually things that are the easiest to fix... it's just that time didn't allow for those fixes.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Time constraints are the reason why there are so many bugs in game even if they are small and there sure are a lot of those. If there is a big one, it's going to be patched up pretty quickly.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Here's a good recent example of an oversight (not necessarily a bug, but definitely unintentional) in the game, and definitely something AE should be concerned about when it comes to testing their game.

[​IMG]

Imagine spending 50,000 DCs (worth about $170) to speed up crafting in the game. I'd imagine Player Support would actually refund players if they did speed up crafting 'by accident' or even on purpose, but I don't know that for sure (since I don't know how they track how DCs are spent). But if someone did speed up this sort of crafting on accident and they didn't want to go through the hassle of Player Support (or worse, if Support doesn't refund them), then this would be the thing that would prompt players to quit the game. And if Support doesn't refund any player who sped up crafting from this blatant error and this somehow goes viral on social media, then there would definitely be a lot of backlash.

I definitely think AE should be more careful, and especially vigilant, when it comes to oversights that could really affect players. It would be a rare occurrence for anyone to accidentally spend 50,000 DCs, but it's not impossible.

hfi likes this.
  18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Those crafting skip costs were made that high on the assumption that players wouldn't spend that amount of DCs on them because why would you?

I can understand their point of view, but giving players the option to do so will lead to some players doing so because that option was available for them regardless the cost because if there's a way to buy convenience, players with a lot of money to spend can do it without much hesitation.

I agree that AE should be careful when making crafting skipping costs this high and I frankly would like to see crafting skipping with DCs to be removed for this very reason so something like this wouldn't happen.

hfi likes this.
  19. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I know the game's going to crash when I see a player that looks unusually metallic, or when their object is completely pitch black :v
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The way AQ3D handles memory encourages that you don't play too long or assets and UI start to go ham and eventually your game will crash. I haven't had such gaming sessions with AQ3D in a while so I haven't experienced this in some time.