1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Need A New Game

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by eXoZmM, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    playing runescape right now..not a fan of it.

I want an mmorpg with AMAZING (or great) graphics..no weird shit (skimpy girls clothing..guns...) Extensive PvP if possible..multiple character classes..and i would PREFER if it were in OB currently. Not about to be..I want to be able to download it and play it now.

thanks.

2. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Okay, so you mean a fantasy (not sci-fi or modern I'm assuming, cos of no guns) MMO with amazing graphics, great PvP, multiple characters, and that is playable currently, to everyone? I was a bit confused when you said open beta.

I'm going to assume you want free, but if paid is alright, you should try Aion, or Lord of the Rings Online (also, LOTRO is going free in the very near future).

Anyway, here's a couple you can decide from:
    • Sword of the New World/Grando Espada - Really unique battle system where you command a group of three (and it works well!), and PvP looks cool too. I THINK, but not sure, that it has a seamless world, and from the time I played it, the graphics were pretty good.
    • Perfect World - Really good graphics, seamless world, open exploration, and you have to have a good build AND skill to do well in PvP.
    • Rakion - This is the only one I don't know much about, but apparently, the combat is made to be spectacular, it focuses on teamwork and PvP, and classes. It seems to fit your description perfectly, is free, but from the looks of it, doesn't have much of the grinding aspect of other MMOs, but I don't know what it replaces it with.

3. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I bought Aion..it can't get through a patch..might try to download it again.

SoNW isn't that good..never liked it. Played Perfect World..it's a complete grindfest...Rakion is sketchy as shit lol. Really an unknown maker with sub par graphics and a instance session that looks like it's a 5 foot cave..not what I'm looking for.

Anymore ideas?

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Heroes of 3 Kingdoms is starting closed beta on July 13th.

5. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I'd suggest Darkfall except it hasn't got that amazing of graphics... I'd also say Guild Wars, but you've got Aion. I'd love to say EVE Online, but you don't want guns.

Here's another list:
    Rappelz - Free, beautiful graphics, but I don't have a clue what the PvP is like, but it looks like a typical MMORPG; do quests and grind for levelling up. Obviously, there'll be other ways, but it looks like that sort of MMORPG.
    Dark Age of Camelot - A game with a great PvP system apparently, and pretty good graphics, but it's not free. There's a trial if you want to test it out.

6. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Tried Rappelz..didn't like it. Seems too much like a comic book to me idk why. I would be playing Guild Wars but for some reason it doesnt run well on this computer. Aion again won't dl right..will try it later. Darkfall didn't run for me at all when itried it. And DAoC = paid like you said.

7. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Your computer is quite buggy :jester:.

Have you tried Allods Online or Runes of Magic yet?

I'm running out of ideas to suggest that are free :D.

8. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I've tried Allods and I didn't like it because everything was bugged, idk if that changed or not. Rune of Magic no, the name sounds weird. Is it a good game? Could I get more info on it?

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Runes of Magic is meant to be the best WoW clone out there. I know that it looks, and probably plays a lot like WoW, but I haven't researched what its stand-out points are. Still, lots of people say it's a good game.

10. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Runes of Magic is a great choice if you want a MMO like WoW.

11. liza2010

liza2010 BamBam

Credit:
    Hi,
    I think you can try GTA-4. :rifle:

12. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
  13. PortalCut

PortalCut Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I'm trying this one. :D

Aika Online.

^ That one is the Global Version (Still in CBT). I'm practicing at another version right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  14. ohmypink23

ohmypink23 BamBam

Credit:
    Aika Global will be up SOON. you might want to try it.heehee:D CBT Keys are being given away already!!

15. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Interesting enough, I have about 1 and a half days left of free trial on LoTRO. I'm already a level 15 Warden, and it's already an impressive and enjoyable game. I wonder when in fall it's gonna go F2P?

I'm also gonna try age of camelot afterwards. Then after that, I'm just gonna play some console games and try to get back some other games.

Another thing: Aion online is very nice looking and unique, but I often read people say that it has server stability issues in big PvP events, though they may be fixed now. Also, that other than PvP, there's not much of anything else real big to do.

In my own opinion, you may like it, it's close to being my thing, but I'm gonna wait until it gets more, which should sadly be in the next few years when it gets it all.

If I understand correctly, it's suppose to get more and more expansions (free major patches I assume) which will add stuff like, player pets (coming this upcoming patch), player housing, mounts, new weather effects, slight graphics over-haul (for HD), more areas, more bosses, possibly more battle grounds, and possibly more features I can't remember.

But I don't expect any of these to come very soon, so I'm not gonna play it for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  16. Ozier21

Ozier21 BamBam

Credit:
    there are a lot of new MMORPG.. also got a cbt key for AIka Global, just want to try. since i played from NA

17. PortalCut

PortalCut Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Only 2.5 days left before Aika Global CBT. ^_^

18. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Do you still recommend Aika, PortalCut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.